SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Sr. Tech Project Manager
for our client in the Virginia Beach, VA area.
The incumbent will need to be able to understand general web
products in a regulated environment. This is a technical
environment requiring project management in a sub-effort
capabilities. The project manager would need strong communication
and reporting skills, following the PMP guidelines, providing
information into a larger project effort.
* Works independently with business partners to identify and
implement medium to large technical projects, as defined by Company
methodology, such as: broad-based information systems, full
life-cycle application development, building enterprise
applications, or data warehouse planning and development.
* In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager, which
include managing all aspects of a project including initiating,
planning, executing, closing, and controlling, candidate will
* Direct system analysts, software designers, and programmers to
determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
* Be responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills,
tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coaches and mentors project team members.
* Mentors other project managers around project management
* Determines project scope.
* Develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management
* Develops training plans.
* Develops requirements documents.
* Develops project approval matrix.
* Identifies project team training and tool needs.
* Defines, recommends, and secures contractual agreements for
technical services and products.
* Coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and
post-implement plans, and develops service-level agreements for
vendor partners and global resources firms.
* Defines quality gates for each project methodology phase.
* Defines critical success factors.
* Establishes and manages the project warranty period.
* Requires BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
discipline with IT focus degree.
* 5 years of project management experience in broad-based
information systems, full life-cycle application development,
and/or building enterprise applications, and/or data warehouse
planning and development.
* Or any combination of education and experience, which would
provide an equivalent background.
*PMP Certification preferred.
* Healthcare industry experience preferred.
* Experience with MS Project Server preferred.
* Recent, active experience with MS Project, SharePoint, Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint.
* Experience managing all phases of the project lifecycle.
* Experience managing teams with many stakeholders (both business
* 10+ years? experience managing teams and tracking deliverables
with both business and IT components.
* Strong project management skills, including documentation,
scheduling, allocation and dependencies.
* Demonstrated application of and proven success of project
management methodology, management tools, analysis and research
tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
* Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members
* Experience in creating an effective team environment, building
strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues,
resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment,
and communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an
* Demonstrated application of project management methodology
* Requires an understanding of the overall organization.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer