2022 Enterprise Technology Development Program - Software Engineering
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 10, 2022
This job is an integral member of an agile software engineer
team responsible for building scalable software applications across
all digital channels to serve our customers. Responsible for taking
an enterprise-wide, architectural view of the solutions and the
technical execution of products using the technical stack that best
meets the needs of the platform. The associate and team will be
involved in every aspect and part of the software application build
process from idea generation, business analysis, technical design
and software development using the latest technologies and design
- Assists and actively participates on project teams in various
- Research best practices, leading technologies, and emerging
industry trends for consideration in design and improvement
relating to rotations.
- Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts,
partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements
that drive the analysis and design of quality technical
- Takes part in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and
implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as
providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target
dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex
development life cycle, per current standards.
- Designs and creates engineering specifications for software
applications and programs.
- Writes code that adheres to coding standards set forth by the
- Performs code reviews.
- Helps in story creation (i.e. DoD, Acceptance Criteria,
estimation). Creates Tasks for their stories in Digital AI, and
updates status and assignment accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
- Have completed at least one quality internship in a relevant role
to this position
- Active in one or more club, volunteerism effort, or other
activity outside of the classroom
- Experience in at least one modern programming languages (Java,
C++, or Perl preferred)
- Conceptual understanding of web service technology (API's):
Composite APIs, RESTFUL, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, and SOAP
- Experience with at least two of the following: NodeJS, Oracle
Database, NoSQL databases, SQL, Linux and JCL
- Ability to translate technical design documents, design
mockups/prototypes and user stories into working applications
- Experience with testing frameworks
- One or more general purpose programming languages including but
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with software applications through
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge/background with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring
Web and Spring Batc
- Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and
- Project Delivery
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Written and spoken communication skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and sustain internal and external customer
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as
- Passion for user experience and improving usability
Keywords: Highmark Health, Virginia Beach , 2022 Enterprise Technology Development Program - Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!