Senior Full-stack Developer (Customer Engagement Solutions)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 7, 2022
At Perficient youll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And youll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the worlds
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
Were proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year after
year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our Customer Engagement Solutions Practice
Our practice partners with leading cloud communications and contact
center vendors such as Twilio and Amazon Connect to design, build
and support solutions that help companies better engage and
communicate with customers. Youll have the opportunity to work with
established enterprise companies looking to transform their
communication and customer engagement platforms. We also work
closely with our software partners by pursuing opportunities
together, providing feedback on roadmap and feature improvements
and creating best practices and patterns through thought
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior
Technical Consultant in the following locations .
- Toronto, ON
- Chicago, IL
- Lafayette, LA
- Fully Remote (minimum 2 years of experience)
As a senior developer in our Customer Engagement Solutions
practice, you work closely as a main point of contact with customer
technical and business stakeholders as part of a project team(s) to
design, develop, test, and deploy custom solutions with one or more
of our partner vendor platforms. You should have good written and
verbal communication skills and have some experience leading
consulting and collaboration with various technical and business
stakeholders. Mentoring and coaching colleagues is an important
part of this role. Besides implementing contact center solutions,
you will also at times architect, design and build integrations
between cloud contact center platforms and external systems or
fulfill a customers requirements using the various cloud platform
APIs and services.
This is a consulting position and requires close interaction and
collaboration with customers in a fast-paced environment. Attention
to detail, time management and clear communication are essentials
tools in delivering successful engagements. Projects vary in
length, new technologies, platforms and team composition, so
adaptability and the ability to learn new things quickly is
Significant work in major cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure and
Google Cloud are often part of our overall engagements. You may
also work to customize and integrate contact center agent UIs,
You may also be involved in collecting requirements for a new
solution during the sales or elaboration process, documenting
solutions we have developed, or communicating with customers about
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology
architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project
execution teams for implementation.
- Primary technical point of contact with customers during
professional services engagements.
- Interact with business stakeholders and technical staff at
customers during professional services engagements.
- Design and strategize on internal products, accelerators and
other internal IP initiatives. Interact with oth er
cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, and release
- Develop Proof-of-Concept and MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- May work with offshore teams and clients for resolving
technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Increasing responsibility in areas such as sales support,
project management and other leadership responsibilities.
- Be a collaborative team member who readily shares knowledge and
If you have most of the required qualifications and a deep interest
in learning quickly in an environment with lots of opportunities
for advancement, we encourage you to apply. Attitude counts for a
lot as well. We also welcome those who chose technology as a second
career who have made significant investments in learning and
training themselves in new skills.
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a STEM field, Computer Science preferred
and minimum of 3-4 years programming experience with increasing
ownership in solution design OR
- Minimum 4 years programming experience with increasing
ownership in solution design.
- At least 3 years of experience with web application development
technologies, including design frameworks, HTTP stack, server and
network configuration, etc.
Front-end framework, such as React, Next or Angular, with React
- Some experience working with cloud-based/serverless back-end
implementations (Node.JS preferred)
- Experience with at least one Cloud Provider (AWS, Google,
Azure, etc) utilizing Serverless resources (Compute, Database,
APIs, Pub/Sub) to build secure, scalable, and reliable
- Understanding of complete project life cycle activities on
development and maintenance projects.
- Experience using source control in a team setting, an
understanding of Code Review processes, and some exposure to
deployment from a source control location.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile
- Ability to convert high-level business scope and requirements
into user stories/features. Ability to convert user
stories/features into clear and actionable technical implementation
- Some travel is possible when it is once again safe to do
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to
communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
Able to c onvey a clear understanding of the unique needs of
- Deeply interested in technology, including complex enterprise
software products, with a continual drive to learn more.
- Motivated by the idea of learning about how people do their
jobs and creating technology solutions to help them.
- Possess technical agility and savvy; persistent and creative at
finding solutions to problems on your own; someone who can use
documentation, Google searches, and trial and error to figure out a
problem you havent encountered before.
- Organized and reliable at completing assigned tasks on
- Interested in working on a close-knit team and staying aware of
overall business needs rather than working in a development silo
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness around work pace, process, and the
ability to grow personally and professionally. Faces difficult
issues and supports others who do the same.
- Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear
solutions or outcomes.
- AWS Certifications welcome
- Technology consulting experience or other experience
collaborating and communicating with multiple stakeholders in a
consulting or sales capacity.
- Experience working with automated deployment tools (CI/CD,
DevOps) such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, AWS CodePipeline, etc.
- Some experience with a cloud-based contact center
(CCAAS/CPAAS), communication stacks and/or video is a plus.
Experience with Twilio or Amazon Connect is a significant
- Experience in technology consulting, enterprise and solutions
architecture and architectural frameworks
- Telephony experience is helpful (SIP, RDP, WebRTC, VOIP
- Experience with one or more major cloud providers, AWS
(preferred), Azure, and/or Google Cloud, with capabilities across
- Exposure to any CRM or similar product (Salesforce, Dynamics,
ServiceNow, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Experience working with a nationally or globally distributed
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering
solutions within defined timeframes.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient
Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding
digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's
professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North
America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell
2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete
statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential
functions performed by the employee assigned to this
classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change
the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, Virginia Beach , Senior Full-stack Developer (Customer Engagement Solutions), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!