SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an IT Systems Admin 3
Security for a client in the Virginia Beach, VA area.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with network administrators. Duties may
include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining
system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system
wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users
and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase
hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup
recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for
allocation related to the use of computing resources.
6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters
Will serve on the NNS IT Service Applications Operations team,
which is responsible for administering and managing multiple
Security based applications and supporting infrastructure. Success
in this position requires technical knowledge of the application
life cycle model, the ability to work as part of a team, and
exceptional communications and collaborative skills.
• Monitor and manage application availability and performance.
• Resolve technical issues involving application configuration.
This may include working directly with end-users.
• Deploy applications and services related to password updates,
application and operating system provisioning, encryption and
• Work with developer to deploy and troubleshoot custom solution
• Migrate contents from development to test to production farm.
• Patch servers with hotfixes, cumulative updates and service
• Share best practices with other team members.
• Provide suggestions to improve quality of the enterprise
• Minimum of 1.5 years of experience administering and supporting
Security based deployments, preferably in a larger network
supporting more than 50 users. At least 4 years of overall IT
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
administration, preferably in a larger network supporting more than
• Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, Kerberos, Claims
Authentication, and VMWare virtualization technologies.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012. Hands-on DBA
experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with PowerShell and Java scripts.
• Familiarity with application development and customization.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with
customer services, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer