SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Business Analyst,
preferably with Cognos +/or BI skills for our client in the Newport
News, VA area.
Analyze the Client?s processes and write requirements to address
efficiency enhancements or new software solutions to support a
business need. Incumbent will have an opportunity to liaise with
the Client?s business groups/department heads, the Business
Information department, and other departments within IT.
PLEASE NOTE: Cognos +/or BI are NOT required, but are
* Interaction with employees throughout the Client to understand
business strategies and upcoming initiatives to determine future IT
* Develop and facilitate groups as necessary to gather process
owner requirements through various elicitation techniques.
* Ability to suggest alternative methods of problem resolution, if
* Analyze detailed systems factors including, but not limited to,
input/output requirements, security, data flow, and hardware and
* Analyze "soft" systems factors including: roles,
responsibilities, policy, culture, etc.
* Research and explore requested system requirements and
functionality to understand costs and benefits in support of the
demand management process.
* Evaluate and communicate the impact of potential software and
process changes on the organization.
* Develop detailed requirements suitable for business review,
software testing capability, and code development.
* Work with Business Stakeholders, Product Owner(s), Developers,
Quality Assurance Testers, Technical Architects, Scrum Master,
Support, Training, and Supervisors in a collaborative and
* Clarify requirements during Sprint Planning and answer
requirements related questions throughout the Software Development
* Review development in progress for adherence to requirements.
* Serve as a mentor for other business analysts.
* 3+ years in the business analyst or similar field.
* Bachelor?s degree and 3-5 years of general business experience
* Strong PC skills with specifics towards all Microsoft Office
applications, Microsoft Project, and Visio.
* Expertise or background with: Data Warehouse, Cognos 10.2 and
* Some financial background preferred.
* Possess general business and technical knowledge.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Able to work effectively in technical and business
* Experienced in aspects of systems and process design and
* Project oriented/Uses a structured methodology to problem
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of
* Facilitation capability to run meetings and prepare agendas
appropriate for the audience.
* Receptive to some travel (education, project pilot, training,
site visits, etc.).
* Open minded about alternative solutions, not constrained by the
way processes have always worked within any particular company.
* Ability to work on simultaneous projects.
* Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in the use of various
information elicitation techniques.
* Demonstrates a high degree of proficiency in writing.
* Demonstrates excellent communications and presentation
* High degree of leadership and basic project management skills in
solving problems and exploiting opportunities.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer