SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Tech Project Manager for
our client in Hampton Roads area (VA).
Works independently with business partners to identify and
implement medium to large technical projects, as defined by Company
methodology, such as: broad-based information systems, full
life-cycle application development, building enterprise
applications, or data warehouse planning and development. Directs
system analysts, software designers, and programmers to determine
best methods to achieve project objectives. Responsible for
applying project management knowledge, skills, tools, and
techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
Fulfills all responsibilities of a project manager which includes
managing all aspects of a project (including initiating, planning,
executing, closing, and controlling).
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coaches and mentors project team members.
* Mentors other project managers concerning project management
* Determines project scope.
* Resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans.
* Training plans.
* Requirements documents.
* Project approval matrix
* Identifies project team training and tool needs
* Defines, recommends, and secures contractual agreements for
technical services and products.
* Coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and
post-implement plans, and develops service-level agreements for
vendor partners and global resources firms.
* Defines quality gates for each project methodology phase.
* Defines critical success factors.
* Establishes and manages the project warranty period.
* Requires BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
discipline with IT focus degree
* 5 years of project management experience in:
* Broad-based information systems
* Full life-cycle application development and/or building
enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and
* Or any combination of education and experience, which would
provide an equivalent background. Project management certification
* Demonstrated application of and proven success of project
management methodology, management tools, analysis and research
tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
* Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members
* Experience in creating an effective team environment, building
strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues,
resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment,
communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an
* Demonstrated application of project management methodology
* Requires an understanding of the overall organization.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia;
Gaithersburg, MD; New York; Raleigh, NC; and Austin, TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer