SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect
for Information Security for our client in the Newport
News/Virginia Beach, VA area.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Performs the necessary leadership, analysis, and design tasks
related to the development of an enterprise solution
* Duties will include Solution Design and testing Security
technologies that can scale and be easily deployed in the
* Once Solution is developed, Individual will also work with
ecosystem partners to Integrate to deliver end-end solutions for
strategic Security usages.
* Participate in the design and development of security framework
* Champion innovation and meaningful collaboration between product
teams in the area of security
* Identify security requirements and assess feasibility and
ramifications of these requirements
* Integrate security controls into the Software Development
* Help in the Development of unit tests and useful code
* Understand, advocate, and augment the principles of information
* Analyze enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding
* Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and
recommend solutions for improvement.
* Analyze technology industry and market trends; determine their
potential impact on the enterprise.
* Articulate the architecture process, its outcome, and ongoing
* Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the
* Design and lead the implementation of an Enterprise Architecture
(EA) based on enterprise business requirements and IT
* Design and direct the governance activities associated with
ensuring EA compliance.
* Develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise application
portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the EA).
* Coordinate solution architecture implementation and modification
* Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product
standards, as well as the design of standard software
* Consult with application or infrastructure development projects
to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when
it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate
* Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills,
processes, structures, or culture) and financial impact of the
* Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
* Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project
office to ensure alignment of plans with what is being
* May be involved in system demonstrations.
* Assists in resolving operational issues and may perform other
assignments as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by company management.
* Seeks educational opportunities to become "expert" in enterprise
technologies, applications, and methodologies.
* May be called upon to analyze and/or recommend 3rd party packages
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis, or a
related study, or equivalent experience.
* Five to seven years of experience in at least two IT disciplines
in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA)
environment, including technical architecture, network management,
application development, middleware, database management, or
* Experience with Java/eclipse, including scripting and use of
* Experience in multiple OS (Linux, Windows) and VMM environment
(ESXi, Xen, KVM).
* Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork,
facilitation, and negotiation.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Excellent analytical and technical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS SETS:
* ETL Processes and Strategy
* Information Transformation Strategy
* Data Architecture Oversight
* Data Warehousing Strategy
* Analytics Strategy
* Developing highly scalable web based/client applications.
* Software testing principles and validation techniques would be an
* Experience in many facets of secure enterprise development
* Experience with OAuth, identity management, authentication and
* Experience in securing scalable and high-throughput systems.
* Experience securing Web Services and RESTful APIs.
* Experience with RDBMS (such as MySQL and Oracle) security.
* Ability to design and implement using modern patterns and
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication
* Able to work effectively within a team environment.
* Able to work independently in an agile development
* Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical
* Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and
* Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
* Strong understanding of network architecture and application
* Strong understanding of systems, object-oriented analysis and
design, and/or client/server systems.
* Understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to
navigate the political waters.
* Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and
short-term perspectives of situations.
* Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture
* Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture
* Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of
* Works well with others.
* Respected leader.
* Remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor
* More interested in results than personal preferences.
* Displays intellectual integrity.
* Motivated by long-term results.
* There are 5 levels of proficiency; from low to high: Awareness,
Basic, Skilful, Mastery, and Expert.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer