IT Systems Administrator - Hiring Now
Company: Vaco Technology
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: February 20, 2021
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable
operation of servers, networks, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage
virtual servers, and develop automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running
diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing
problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff
for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement
appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and
- Act as an escalation point for desktop and helpdesk support
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and server/network
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or
improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment
including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize
network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating,
planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software,
and other network and system problems.
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders Sr. Systems
Administrator job qualifications and requirements
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or
equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of network administration, or system
- Required IT certifications in Cisco, Microsoft, or other IT
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware,
and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT
strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing
helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert
knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network
infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall,
routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation
for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of
IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable
working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skillsa
- Dependable and flexible when necessary
- Network security experience.
- Contact Center experience - provided by Dice
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Virginia Beach , IT Systems Administrator - Hiring Now, IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!