SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Network Analyst for a
client in the Newport News, VA area.
Procurement and configuration of voice and data equipment and
services to facilitate the moves, additions and changes of branch
offices. Maintain and support the Ferguson Wide Area Network (WAN)
and voice over IP (VoIP) systems. Evaluate, and Provide tactical
and strategic input on WAN planning and related projects.
Troubleshoot the day-to-day operation of the WAN. Troubleshoot
LAN/WAN issues as required and assist Network Engineers in the
planning and troubleshooting of core network components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In addition to the essential job functions described below, all
associates will perform duties as requested by management.
• Determine hardware requirements for branch voice and data
• Install, maintain and oversee the operation of Cisco routers,
switches, wireless and related peripheral equipment
• Obtain vendor quotes for network and phone equipment as needed
for new locations, process and track equipment order shipments to
ensure branch operation schedules are met.
• Configure Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, and ARC server as
needed for proper call flow, routing and VoIP operation.
• Work with field technicians to ensure proper installation and
activation of network components.
• Design call routing and flow for branch phone system
• Document and maintain hardware configuration standards.
• Troubleshoot and isolate network failures and performance issues;
work closely with vendors for resolution.
• Responsible for monitoring the status of the WAN
• Maintain DHCP entries.
• Update HP Service Desk as required to track inventory and other
• Responsible for the implementation and configuration of secondary
connections across the WAN (VPN via DSL, EVDO or other method).
• Resolve firewall and security change requests on enterprise
• Handle user problems, questions and request on network and VoIP
• Work with other groups within IS to resolve network related
issues as needed.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
ensuring quality customer service
• Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company
including all applicable safety rules, regulations and
• Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the
• Work overtime as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced computer skills
• Advanced Network skills
• Advanced Cisco Call Manager skills
• Project management skills
• Usually 3 – 5 years of data communications experience
• Standard annual Ferguson performance review
• Vision: minimum vision required to prevent injury from oneself
• Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without
• Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
• Lifting small weighed objects constantly; 10 pound objects
frequently and 20 to 30 pound objects occasionally
Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory including
arriving at the time scheduled by your supervisor daily.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer