Company: Commonwealth Senior Living
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: July 16, 2019
HousekeeperUS-VA-Virginia BeachJob ID: 2019-5210Type: Regular
Part-Time# of Openings: 5Category:
Construction/MaintenanceCommonwealth Senior Living at Kings
GrantOverviewDo you want to be the "eyes" and "ears" of our
community? Do you want to know all the resident gossip? Do you want
to be the first person to recognize something that needs to be
addressed? Consider joining us! Our housekeeping team is the best!
They work together to clean our residents' rooms and make it feel
like their home. The daily tasks include vacuuming, mopping,
dusting disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors
and pictures, and collecting all trash. The housekeeper also
assists in setting up the dining room, activity room, and living
room as necessary.A housekeeper's keen eye is critical in observing
the community daily and reporting any needed repairs or other
issues. This position often grows into other opportunities at our
communities through direct care of our residents. This position
could be your first step in becoming a nurse or an executive! Team
members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior
Living will assist with paying for education and providing
training! Start your career with Commonwealth Senior Living!
Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living,
employing nearly 1,500 associates, and is a recent recipient of the
Great Place to Work certification! Responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions with established
procedures as assigned.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing,
- Clean and polish any furnishings in hallways and, if
applicable, in stairways and elevator.
- Clean resident rooms, to include vacuuming, mopping, dusting
disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and
- Collect all trash from rooms, offices, lounges, and bathrooms
- Clean walls, windows and baseboards by washing, wiping off,
dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Keep all
windows, cabinets, doors, and mirrors smudge-free and clean.
- Assist in setting up dining room, activity room, and living
room as necessary.
- Report any needed repairs to maintenance personnel or
- Keep all housekeeping equipment, storage areas, janitor's
closets, and housekeeping carts clean and uncluttered, and free of
any hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.
- Respond to residents' needs as requested.
- Launder community linens as needed.
- Inform Maintenance Director of all supply needs in a timely
- Report all accidents/ incidents to the Administrator on the day
of occurrence, along with important resident observations.
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed as closely as
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information
to ensure resident rights are protected; honor residents' personal
- Other duties as assigned PI111887983
Keywords: Commonwealth Senior Living, Virginia Beach , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!