Housekeeper - Men's Locker Room
Company: Onelife Fitness
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Summary Objective: The Housekeeper is responsible for providing
a clean and safe club environment under the management of the
Housekeeping Supervisor and with the support of the Housekeeping
Team. The Housekeeper will interact positively with prospects,
members, guests, and staff to ensure a positive experience. The
Housekeeper is also specifically responsible for cleaning and
maintaining the mens locker room throughout his scheduled work
shift. Essential Functions:
- Deliver the ultimate fitness experience to every member, every
- Ensure cleanliness and upkeep of all club areas to include
entry ways, exits, outdoor areas, mens locker rooms, equipment, and
- Help members and guests feel welcome by greeting them and
assisting with any needs
- Assist members with questions, mens lockers, or other issues in
a friendly manner, referring issues as needed
- Read and interpret Safety Data Sheets for personal and patron
safety Job Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain club and exercise equipment
- Provide all members, guests, and visitors with excellent
- Ensure that the sidewalk entrance and lobby are
- Clean the mens locker rooms and stock all locker room
- Process and fold all laundry to maintain a constant supply of
towels in clubs
- React promptly and professionally to any issues affecting club
cleanliness or safety
- Report any equipment or facilities issues to Housekeeping
Supervisor or General Manager
- Maintain all supplies, products, storage rooms, and laundry
room per company and OSHA standards
- Use appropriate safety equipment and precautions for handling
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Complete all paperwork as assigned
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and
- Uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work morning, evening, and weekend shifts as necessary Required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and
attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Basic knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Clear understanding of what constitutes a clean and sanitary
environment Required Experience, Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Six months commercial cleaning experience preferred Physical
Activities, Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must
be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps,
poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body
agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and
kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the
waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable
degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long
distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady
force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul
or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is
important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires
substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses,
power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's
reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a
non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service
people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of
physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and
high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of
the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the
skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (such as in typical office or
administrative work). Employee Benefits: All US Fitness team
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Gift
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off Relocation:Candidates outside of the specified
area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they
must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not
offered. US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Onelife Fitness, Virginia Beach , Housekeeper - Men's Locker Room, Hospitality & Tourism , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!