Hotel Reservations Specialist
Company: Diamond Resorts
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 6, 2021
JOB SUMMARY Under supervision, the Hotel Reservations Specialist
is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to hotel
guests through phone and email interactions, processing various
reservation and payment transactions, and providing general
information and assistance to maximize guest enjoyment of their
Diamond Resorts vacation experience. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Services a large volume of inbound and outbound calls and
emails from hotel guests, and processes various transactions in the
reservations system and other systems with accuracy and attention
to detail per established policies and procedures, delivering
exceptional customer service in a friendly, personalized
- Provides accurate, comprehensive information about Diamond
Resorts properties, products, and services; and proactively offers
resort recommendations and various products and services to enhance
guests' vacation experience. Uses personalized discovery and
conversion techniques to maximize transactions that generate
company revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of and follows customer information and
data security processes at all times.
- Responds to Owner emails and requests for call-backs within
established response time standards.
- Takes personal ownership to resolve issues and/or complaints by
thoroughly researching the issue, identifying solution options,
escalating to a Supervisor as applicable per established policies
and procedures, and following up to ensure resolution is
implemented in a timely manner.
- Embraces all Quality Assurance standards, and willingly accepts
ongoing feedback and coaching to meet and/or exceed established
Quality Assurance standards consistently on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and expands job knowledge and skill development by
actively participating in departmental and Company training
programs and educational opportunities.
- Proactively participates in team meetings and feedback
- Proactively advises Supervisor of issues with computer
equipment, reservations system, phone system, and other systems
immediately in order to support maximum efficiency and
- Follows call adherence standards and manages time effectively
for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all
policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent. EXPERIENCE
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required. SUPERVISORY
- This position does not include any supervisory
responsibilities. LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES This position requires the capability to
understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as
knowledge and usage of correct business English and office
practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others,
analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working
relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external
customers. Specific skills and abilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication
- Ability to access, read, and accurately input data in a
moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to
change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to retain knowledge pertaining to essential job
functions and effectively utilize provided reference tools.
- Ability to handle and diffuse problem situations with courtesy,
empathy, and a resolution-oriented approach.
- Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer
options and problem resolutions in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to switch between multiple systems and software
programs to complete all work processes.
- Ability to overcome customer objections through persuasion and
providing a variety of options.
- Possesses a positive, professional attitude and friendly,
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and
manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one
task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines
and/or established timeframes.
- Basic math skills.
Keywords: Diamond Resorts, Virginia Beach , Hotel Reservations Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!