Retail Account Specialist 1
Company: RR Donnelley
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Retail Account Specialist 1 Customer Service Virginia Beach, VA
ID: 49503 Full-Time/Regular
RRD is now hiring for a Retail Account Specialist 1 in CHESAPEAKE,
VA. This position is onsite with our client in Chesapeake, VA.
Activities required for the Retail Account Specialist 1 position
include acting as the key contact between the client, Sales and
internal teams across the RRD Retail platform. You will support the
development and execution of the clients monthly kit that
distributes to approximately 9,000 locations; components will
include retail signage, promotional print campaigns, variable data,
and any associated programs in the-store environment. You will
build excellent relationships with client contacts and apply
knowledge of the clients business (organization structure, value
chain, strategy, etc.), providing complete ownership and
accountability. By establishing yourself as a key point of contact
for the client, you will be able to translate client needs and
partner with Retail Service, Solutions and Operations to assess and
develop processes to deliver on service, quality and solutions
development for the Client. The Account Specialist is the owner of
the end-to-end process, from creative to final distribution, and
will lead, mentor, and partner with both internal and external
teams to achieve successful outcomes. This role is in support of a
single client located in Chesapeake, VA at the client office.
- Primarily responsible for monthly kit production coordination;
high level of organization and detail-orientation required.
- Coordination between multiple production facilities to ensure
on-time delivery for all components of monthly kit carton.
- Back-end management and compilation of order entry documents to
ensure clear understanding by all internal parties.
- Provide all necessary support to Client contacts, including the
following: receive calls, mail, and email; identify and resolve
Client problems and issues in a timely manner; handle Client
concerns/issues as needed (i.e. dispute management, invoice
reconciliation, etc); provide proof of delivery and order status
- Support data collection and formatting needs in Excel and other
systems as related to print production and distribution.
- Process orders and change notices (also includes obtaining
delivery special promises and special freight quotes) in related
systems as required.
- Perform estimating and pricing activity through quote
generation and evaluation, ensuring alignment and agreement with
client prior to project execution.
- Verify composition and appropriately route copy prep as needed
for order processing purposes.
- Manage the billing process for all projects, including, but not
limited to the monthly retail kit.
- Coordinate all corrections and/or changes that occur during
work-in process through written and/or verbal instructions.
- Data entry responsibilities, setting up new items and managing
- Act as a communication link between external Client and all
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
projects as assigned.
- BA Degree or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant
administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or
office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR
demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a
comparable number of years of work experience. May possess
additional education certification in this level.
- Excellent knowledge of the print industry and retail
experience; kitting, variable data and print understanding, and
end-to-end print project management a plus.
- Able to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures,
regulations, and program objectives when carrying out the duties of
- Team-builder with requirement to host remote calls and drive
team mentality, both internally and externally (client-facing) and
ensure team stays on task to achieve goals.
- Advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and
software programs such as MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite or
other programs specific to the job in order to complete job duties
successfully. Specifically, excellent skills in Excel are
- Professional oral and written communication skills to
communicate effectively across departments when completing
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines
and prioritize workload and make adjustment to meet business
- Must have good relationship development and management skills.
Must be able to work well on-site at Client location and adhere to
both RRD and client policies.
- Must be available for contact/questions on weekends and
holidays due to nature of production and type of work. RRD is an
EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Keywords: RR Donnelley, Virginia Beach , Retail Account Specialist 1, Hospitality & Tourism , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!