Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Full time and PRN
Company: NaphCare, Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Correctional Medicine opening in Virginia Beach, Virginia. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com NaphCare has an excellent opportunity for full-time Day, Night, and PRN License Practical (LPN) Nurses to join our team at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center. The Licensed Practical Nurse works under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA) and Director of Nursing (DON), the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct and indirect nursing care within the scope of the State Board of Nursing Practice. 12 HOUR SHIFTS! Position Requirements: Must be a graduate of an accredited program for practical or vocational nursing and hold and maintain a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of employment, as well as a valid CPR card, with a minimum of 1 year clinical experience in a healthcare setting, with correctional healthcare experience preferred. Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Director of Nursing (DON), and Registered Nurse(s) (RN), the LPN/LVN is responsible for providing nursing care within the scope of the State Board of Nursing Practice as directed by the Registered Nurse(s). Performance Expectations:
- Use knowledge and expertise to ensure that nursing processes and systems are followed appropriately according to policies and procedures, company performance, and accreditation standards.
- Work cohesively with the HSA, DON and RN(s) in the coordination of the healthcare delivery system, as well as other functions within the facility.
- Use all functions and applications of TechCareTM relevant to the position with no supervision, and assist with staff training as requested.
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, and employees at all levels within the organization. Maintain clear lines of communication throughout issue-resolution processes.
- Demonstrate personal performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations and organizational criteria.
- Take and document all patient history and vital signs, assist with examinations and/or treatments, and report all changes in patients' conditions.
- Administer all medications and document same on the Medication Administration Record (MAR) in TechCareTM.
- Perform venipuncture and I.V. therapy, as approved by immediate supervisor.
- Collect samples, specimens, and cultures as requested by Provider order.
- Assist with daily triage/sick call, minor medical/surgical procedures, and transcribe all therapeutic orders generated by the Provider.
- Initiate and document prescribed protocol treatment in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Complete at least 12 hours of CEU pertinent to correctional health care annually.
- Assist with evaluating the quality and effectiveness of the clinical services and assist in developing systems to ensure and monitor patient care and safety.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining self-control when under pressure, separating professional from personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by setting an example.
- Participate in all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings as assigned and required in accordance with contract compliance.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations or patient care. Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: NaphCare, Inc., Virginia Beach , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Full time and PRN, Healthcare , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!