Clinical Documentation Specialist RN (Registered Nurse)
Company: Sentara Healthcare
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Job Title Clinical Documentation Specialist RN (Registered Nurse) 01-15-2019 Requisition Id 106611BR Department Number and Name Concurrent Documentation Job Description The Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDS) is a highly knowledgeable RN who is responsible for concurrent review of provider in-patient medical record documentation. Reviews include new admissions to the facility, as well as follow up reviews in subsequent days, until discharge. Responsible for facilitation of modifications to clinical documentation through concurrent interaction with providers, and other members of the healthcare team, to ensure that appropriate clinical severity of illness and risk of mortality is captured for the level of service rendered.. The CDS is responsible for communicating to providers to ensure timely and accurate documentation and then utilizing specific software, to code the documentation utilizing ICD-10 codes. Additionally, the CDS provides education and training as needed with the medical staff. The CDS utilizes coding and clinical expertise to identify opportunities and ensure the accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation in the medical record used for measuring and reporting physician/provider hospital outcome. Physical Location Hospital-Leigh Department Description SLH 1.0 FTE Employment Status Full time Shifts First (Days) Job Category Nursing - Other City Virginia Beach, VA Required Education RN-Associate's Degree OR RN-Diploma (Non-degree) Experience Required: Acute Care - 5 years Preferred: Coding - 5 years Licenses and Certifications Required: Registered Nurse Skills Required: Communication, Coordination, Critical Thinking, Judgment and Decision Making, Microsoft Office, Project Management, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Technology/Computer, Writing Other Preferred candidates with Acute Care experience would be on Medical/Surgical nursing units or in ICU. Flexible hours available. Extensive training and orientation provided to staff nurses. Utilize your nursing knowledge and experience to join this exciting growing career. Join this supportive team to review provider documentation and code using ICD-10 and DRG assignment. Previous experience or knowledge of ICD-10 or DRGs a plus! Must be competent in Microsoft Office, internet and data entry. Dependable and self-directed with the ability to successfully multitask and manage conflicting priorities. Acute Care experience in Medical Surgical or ICU. All Registered Nurse's who do not have their BSN will be required to sign a BSN Agreement committing successfully obtain their BSN within five (5) years of hire To learn more about Clinical Documentation Improvement and the job of Clinical Documentation Specialist, please visit our professional organization's website at keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Clinical Documentation, Concurrent Documentation Job Posting Sentara Leigh Hospital is hiring a full time Clinical Documentation Specialist RN (Registered Nurse). UP TO A $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS PAID TO CANDIDATE SUCCESSFULLY HIRED. Skills for Success Five (5) years of recent experience in medical surgical or intensive care settings. Position Overview
- Responsible for concurrent review of provider in-patient medical record documentation from admission to discharge.
- Ensuring that appropriate clinical severity of illness and risk mortality is captured for the level of service.
- Providing education and training as needed to the medical staff.
- Utilization of software to code documentation ICD-10 codes.
- Note: Extensive Training is provided for this position. Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital Overview Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital (SVBGH) is a 276-bed acute care facility offering specialized, tertiary services. SVBGH is the regions only Level III Trauma Center and home to Sentara Heart Center, which is the portal to a sophisticated array of quality cardiac services with outcomes that surpass national standards. SVBGH is also one of only ten Advanced Primary Stroke Centers in Virginia certified by the Joint Commission. Other clinical services at this facility include a Palliative Care Program, the Coastal Cancer Center, Diabetes Center, Orthopedics, Accredited Sleep Disorders Center, and an Inpatient Rehab Unit. Sentara Overview For more than a decade, Modern Healthcare magazine has ranked Sentara as one of the nation's top integrated healthcare systems. Our not-for-profit system proudly includes advanced imaging centers, nursing and assisted-living centers, outpatient campuses, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice agency, a 3,800-provider medical staff and four medical groups. In addition, we provide medical transport ambulances and Nightingale air ambulance, and we extend health insurance to 445,000 people through Optima Health, our award-winning health plan. Sentara Benefits As the third largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Healthcare was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America's best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organization Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit: Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development and growth!
Keywords: Sentara Healthcare, Virginia Beach , Clinical Documentation Specialist RN (Registered Nurse), Healthcare , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!