Company: LifeNet Health
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Location: Virginia Beach, VA (Concert Dr.)
Department: QC Laboratory
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Monday-Friday; 3:15pm-12:00 (midnight); rotating
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will
embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the
largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue
processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in
tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to
improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs,
tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the
fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to
serve the community with educational and support services that
enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200
employees and has a growing global presence.
How You Will Contribute To LifeNet Health's Success
As a Laboratory Technician you will receive and process incoming
laboratory samples, determining sample acceptance and reviewing
documentation. Technicians initiate CAPA for all samples received
not meeting LifeNet Health SOPs. Technicians perform moderately
complex laboratory duties in registered CLIA subspecialties of
testing and nonclinical (industrial) testing.
What You'll Do
- Receives and processes laboratory samples for testing or
archive, ensuring laboratory samples meet acceptance criteria.
Recognizes, resolves, and reports atypical events encountered and
documents CAPA when required.
- Performs moderately complex laboratory duties in registered
CLIA subspecialties of testing and nonclinical (industrial)
testing. Performs quality control according to established policies
and procedures. Recognizes and reports atypical events encountered
during performance of tests.
- Initiates orders for lab tests, performs data entry, and
reports test results using manual and laboratory information
systems (LIS) according to established policies and procedures
while maintaining complete and accurate departmental and donor
- Monitors and operates laboratory equipment according to
established policies and procedures.
- Assures a safe, clean and orderly work area including
maintenance of reagents, supplies, and stored samples. Monitors
supply and reagent levels and notifies appropriate personnel when
supplies are needed.
What You'll Bring (Minimum Requirements)
- Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Clinical
Laboratory Science, chemical, physical or biological science;
(Bachelor of Science Degree, preferred)
- 1 year related laboratory experience; (3 years laboratory
These Would Be Nice Too (Knowledge Skills And Abilities)
- Attention to detail: Able to perform tasks thoroughly and with
care; checks work to ensure high degree of accuracy/completeness
and early/on-time delivery
- Time Management: Able to prioritize multiple, competing
priorities and manage time/workload. Demonstrated ability to
effectively prioritize and juggle multiple time sensitive projects,
multi-task, identify project interdependencies and potential
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written
communication skills; ability to communicate and build
relationships with all professionals at different levels within the
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring
Health, and Giving Hope. You won't find another company with a
culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events (Chili Cook-Off, 5K, Celebration of
Life Gala, and many more!)
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career and skill development opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Food Truck Thursday (at participating locations)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
Keywords: LifeNet Health, Virginia Beach , Laboratory Technician, Healthcare , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!