Company: Reliance Medical Transport
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $52,000.00Benefits:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays100% Employer Paid:
- Medical, Eye, Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401KTotal Compensation (based on full-time hours) $60,918.00
About Us: We are a Veteran owned and operated private EMS agency
currently serving the veteran's in Hampton Roads through the VA
Hospital in Hampton, VA. It is our honor to serve these heroes and
we are looking for Hampton Road's best and brightest providers to
help us accomplish this mission. Job Summary: Our paramedics
compassionately responds to emergent and non-emergent calls for
medical assistance, and transportation. They deliver high-quality
basic and advanced patient care to the level of certification and
according to Company policies and protocols in a professional,
safe, caring, and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine the best course of
action; utilizes medical equipment including defibrillator, EKG
monitor, ventilators, IV pumps, hemodynamic monitoring devices,
advanced airway adjuncts/procedures, oxygen and suction devices,
intravenous fluids and medications; performs CPR and other medical
procedures as required to provide advanced medical care in
accordance with training and established clinical protocols, safety
requirements and standard operating procedures.
- Utilize and interpret common laboratory reports.
- Manage complicated pharmacologic infusions.
- Utilize advanced surgical procedures, e.g., escharotomy,
- Perform treatments and procedures in accordance with a
Paramedic CCT level of certification and according to local
policies and medical protocols.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum
- Communicate with receiving facility for medical direction and
to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient, loved ones and others in various
environments to collect necessary data and to explain procedures
and processes in a professional, calm, and thoughtful manner.
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit
management as needed.
- Drive the ambulance and other company vehicles; provide map
reading or directional assistance utilizing other navigation
devices, accurately discern street signs and address numbers to
minimize call response time.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications; attend and
complete all required training.
- Communicate with dispatch personnel to receive and understand
call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the
- Participate in and ensure that beginning of shift procedures
are accurately completed and documented daily.
- Check and monitor the condition and state of readiness of
equipment throughout the shift and report any issues to the on-duty
- Assist as necessary with cleaning the ambulance inside and
outside in accordance with Risk and Safety guidelines and local
policies to ensure a sanitary and safe environment for all
passengers and patients and to promote a positive Company image in
- Assist as necessary to restock supplies and ensure the
ambulance is fueled and ready for the next shift.
- Accurately document all patient assessments and care provided
during each call via the Company's platform; ensure all relevant
patient data is collected and entered for appropriate billing.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute and
- Consider patient status, insurance, and preferred facilities
when determining transport destinations.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift end time with little or no
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all
internal co-workers, external allied health staff, and public
- Report immediately to the on-duty supervisor and or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate and expedient manner.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration
due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Communicate clearly and precisely via phone or radio with
Communications Center personnel, receiving facilities or other EMS
providers as to the status of patient.
- Negotiate with customers regarding additional services when
appropriate, e.g., return transport.
- Meet and communicate with existing customers/staff including
skilled nursing, assisted living and hospital facilities to ensure
the Company is meeting their needs and determine if additional
services can be provided. Report these interactions to the
Operations and Account Managers regularly.
- Actively solicit new business opportunities from facilities the
Company is not currently providing services for. Report in
additional services to the Operations and Account Managers
- Coach and educate partners of new and changing information, as
- Participate in community programs to maintain the Company's
image and foster strong community relations.
- Adhere to and comply with all Company and information systems
security requirements and procedures.
- Arrive for duty appropriately groomed and in the proper work
- Perform other duties as assignedQualifications &
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a clean background and ability to pass a drug
- Effective oral and written communication skills; strong
listening and comprehension abilities, adaptability to quickly
evolving situations, and strong decision making.
- Paramedic Certification (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- ACLS Certification (Required)
- PALS Certification or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)
- EVOC (Preferred)Working Conditions:
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays,
- Long periods inside the ambulance.
- May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather.
- Possible routine exposure to moderate noise levels.
- May periodically work in poorly lit environments in a moving
- Moderate to extended amounts of sitting, standing, and
- Some repetitive motion activities.
- Routinely lifting more than 250 lbs. with assistance.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting,
kneeling, twisting, carrying, typing and stair climbing.
- Visual identification of color-coded items.
- Clear speech and hearing.
- Must be able to wear a face mask or respirator with proper fit
for extended periods when required COVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Daily health and temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in placeWe
have a fun, people oriented culture here at Reliance with an
emphasis on personal and professional growth and balance. Reliance
Medical Transport offers paid training, competitive pay rates,
health, dental and vision insurance, and flexible scheduling
options.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYReliance Medial Transport is an
equal opportunity employer. Reliance Medical Transport prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetic information. Reliance Medical Transport conforms to the
spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and
Keywords: Reliance Medical Transport, Virginia Beach , Paramedic, Healthcare , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!