Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: MEDIKO INC
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Position: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Location: VIRGINIA BEACH
CORRECTIONAL CENTERShift: FT, PMPay Rate: $29Looking for a stable,
permanent home to grow and develop your career? Join MEDIKO and
build a fulfilling, meaningful career in correctional healthcare!
We are seeking compassionate nurses who are mission-driven with
aligned values eager to make a difference!We are looking for a
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join a diverse team who bring
knowledge and skills from a variety of backgrounds. Our LPN's have
autonomy when caring for patients and use strong assessment skills
to quickly identify risk factors and provide quality patient care
in a correctional setting.What You'll Do:Our Licensed Practical
Nurses (LPN) support and assist with patient care for the residents
in the facility.
- Works closely with the center's physician in providing proper
medical care for those confined.
- Schedules dental and medical appointments per physician's
- Provides emergency medical assistance.
- Conducts medical history interviews and prepares medical
history and physical reports.
- Assists the center's physician in conducting sick call.
- Administers medicine dosage and treatment per physician's
- Maintains control of all medications and drugs on hand in
accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assures that policies and procedures regarding the Medical
Department are followed.
- Completes reports and medical forms.
- Assures that the medical office is clean and properly
- Assures that all medications and supplies are promptly
- Any other duties assigned by higher authority.What We Require:
- Completion of an accredited nursing program - LPN
- Active state/commonwealth LPN license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Criminal background check, Security Clearance and Drug
ScreeningWhat We Offer: (benefits vary based on FT, PT, or PRN
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance for you and your family
- Employer-paid Life insurance policy/AD&D, long-term
disability and short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Plan
- CEUs paid for by MEDIKO
- Generous paid time off including 10 Holidays
- Participation in the MEDIKO retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance ProgramPlease visit our website at
www.mediko.com to learn more about opportunities at MEDIKO!EOE
STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.#HP
Keywords: MEDIKO INC, Virginia Beach , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!