Physician / Pediatrics / Virginia / Permanent / Pediatrician Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 6, 2021
MD/DO - Pediatrician
Whatever your interest, there is something for you!
The Community - Virginia Beach, VA
Welcome to Virginia Beach! Finding great outdoor fun and adventure
here is easy. Deciding among the options is the challenge. The
waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Chesapeake Bay are obvious
draws, but swimming and beach time is just the beginning. Virginia
Beach offers a variety of music and arts venues, a dozen public
golf courses, miles and miles of hiking and biking paths, and our
ever-growing Town Center is a gathering place offering dining,
shopping and the 1,300 seat Sandler Center for the Performing Arts.
The Farm Bureau Live Amphitheater is a 20,000 seat outdoor concert
venue featuring national acts. Beach Street USA is a summer-long
concert along the boardwalk, while all across the city, you can
enjoy relaxing outdoor dining and fresh-caught seafood.
The Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art explores the significant
art of our time with changing exhibitions from national and
international artists, just minutes from the oceanfront. And for an
up-close look at the amazing world of underwater life off our
shores, the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center is 700,000
gallons of mystery and entertainment. The touch tanks, exhibits and
live animal habitats make it one of the top ten visited museums in
Branch Health Clinic (BHC) in Virginia Beach and Surrounding
- Oceana ClinicREQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited
- Perform a full range of Pediatrician services for pediatric
patients ((newborns, children, adolescents and young adults)
on-site in a General Pediatrics Clinic, Newborn Care Clinic,
Inpatient Pediatric units and Inpatient Newborn Nursery using
government furnished supplies, facilities and equipment.
- Provide a full range of pediatric medicine services [(e.g.,
clinically oversee and provide general screening and medical care
and examinations of adolescents for routine, acute and chronic
conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide
immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel, developmental and
learning disabilities (cerebral palsy, mental retardation, birth
defects, ADHD, emotional problems and adjustments, and child abuse
and neglect; etc.)].
- Clinically oversee, perform, or assist in the instruction of,
other health care professionals and pediatric residents seeing
children [e.g., Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS); diagnostic
procedures; and minor surgical procedures such as incisions and
drainage of abscesses, suture simple lacerations; etc.].
- Clinically oversee and teach other medical staff and pediatric
residents; provide educational lectures and participate in the
provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such
direction and interaction will adhere to government and
professional clinical standards and accepted clinical
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Provide a full range of physician services in accordance with
privileges granted by the Commanding Officer.
- Technically direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of
other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of
their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or
referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health
resources as indicated.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, and provide
educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service
training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction
will adhere to government and professional clinical standards and
accepted clinical protocols. This requirement is consistent with
the personal services nature of the contract.
- Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other
individuals performing similar services.
- Comply with the standards of The Joint Commission, applicable
provisions of law, and the rules and regulations of any and all
governmental authorities pertaining to licensure and regulation of
health care personnel and medical treatment facilities, the
regulations and standards of medical practice and the MTF's medical
staff bylaws . Adhere to and comply with all Department of the
Navy, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, and local instructions and
notices in effect during the term of the contract.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential
problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify
supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems
that the Physician is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy
Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be
limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant
others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Virginia Beach , Physician / Pediatrics / Virginia / Permanent / Pediatrician Job, Healthcare , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!