Family Medicine physician needed for a long-term locums coverage in Fort Story, VA
Company: Adelphi Medical Staffing, LLC
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Seeking
Family Medicine physician for a 5-year locums coverage in a clinic
in Fort Story, VA.
Job Quick Facts * Specialty: BC Family Medicine * Location: Fort
* Practice Type: Outpatient
* Working hours: 6:30 A - 6:30 P, 32-40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
(including federal holidays)
Note: When the Contractor is providing Standard Readiness (SRP)
services, working hours will be adjusted to meet the needs of the
SRP team, Fort Story, VA). Work schedule may include coverage of up
to 3 Saturdays per month.
* Board Requirement: Board Certified * License Requirement: VA *
Reason for Need: Vacancy - Long-Term Permanent Search * Coverage
Type: No call
* Other details: Contract position for five (5) years
Role and Responsibilities:
• Teach patients proper self-care and motivate patients and family
members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
• Provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the
patients. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development appropriate to the appropriate patient population
served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>
• The Contract HCP shall demonstrate skills in interviewing,
examination, assessment, and management of patients with general
medical and surgical health problems. Manage Seriously ill patients
in consultation with or by direct referral to specialty
• Use initiative in carrying out recurring tasks independently
without specific instructions, but refers problems or unusual
situations not covered by instructions to the supervisor for help.
Work shall be reviewed through periodic discussions to ascertain
that procedures are being followed in a manner that ensures quality
• Must be a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
having successfully completed a three (3) year residency program in
• Must be Board Certified in Family Medicine by the American
Academy of Family Physicians.
• Must possess a current license to practice medicine in any State,
Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of
• Must have current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
• Possess current certification in American Heart Association in
CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for the Professional Rescuer;
or equivalent. Possess current certification in Advanced Cardiac
Life Support (ACLS) also current certification in Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS). Certifications must be maintained in
current status throughout contract performance at no additional
cost to the Government.
• Shall have a minimum of one-year experience with interviewing,
examination, assessment, and
management of patients with Urgent Medical and surgical health
Benefits of working with Adelphi Medical Staffing * Paid
malpractice insurance * Pre-paid accommodations and travel *
Competitive compensation * 24/7 access to your Adelphi Medical
Staffing consultant Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family
practice jobs, family practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist
Keywords: Adelphi Medical Staffing, LLC, Virginia Beach , Family Medicine physician needed for a long-term locums coverage in Fort Story, VA, Healthcare , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!