Manager, Network Facilities
Company: Cox Communications
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CoxCommunications is searching for a Manager, Network Facilities.?
This role provides leadership and strategicdirection for the
design, development, delivery and maintenance of current andfuture
technologies, addressing internal and external business needs
related totechnical telecommunications facilities and
infrastructure to support customerrequirements.? In addition,
theincumbent: identifies new technologies and tools to support and
improvetechnology delivery; establishes and implements technical
and operatingperformance standards, and manages staff responsible
for the maintenance,planning, development and/or acquisition of
and Essential Functions??
- ? ? ? Manages staff responsible for the maintenance,
development, delivery and/or acquisition of technology solutions.?
This may also include the oversight of RF network design.?
- ? ? ? Creates and manages appropriate systems and processes to
deliver a quality internal and external customer experience through
effective development, operational support, tools, consistent
methodology, continuous improvement and metrics.?
- ? ? ? Manages all activities, personnel and technical issues
associated with providing technical service and/or solutions to
customers by identifying, prioritizing and confirming the
resolution of reported problems.
- ? ? ? Proactively understands customers? business processes,
key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the
short- and long-term direction of the business and technology.
- ? ? ? Manages phases of approved technology projects for
assigned function including: development of business requirements
and justification, analysis of potential solutions, and preparation
of appropriate project plan and/or purchase requisitions.
- ? ? ? Collaborates with technology suppliers, vendors, and
enterprise peers in the definition and development of technologies
to support internal and external business needs.?
- ? ? ? Facilitates and leads discussions across functional
groups, field locations, and with key stakeholders to identify and
validate technology solution strategies that support initiatives
and key deliverables.
- ? ? ? Partners with cross-functional departments to manage
rollout schedules and technology releases, ensuring business needs
are supported in all phases throughout the process. Coaches and
develops people resources to maximize strengths and develop strong,
collaborative partnerships both within the technology organization
and across business functions.Advises and coaches team members on
procedures, technical problems, priorities and standard methodology
to provide professional growth opportunities.Responsible for
capital and expense tracking, including the appropriate coding of
- ? ? ? Maintains awareness of business, technical, operational,
architecture and infrastructure issues and acts as a sounding board
or consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
- ? ? ? Provides leadership and supervision to staff, assuming
responsibility for coaching, training, and developing supervisory
and front line employees.
- ? ? ? Ensures that work, completion dates, and performance are
in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and
performance management processes.? This includes ensuring the
presence of adequate staffing and coverage through on-call and
- ? ? ? Proactively manages the verification, validation,
authentication, and operational performance of systems equipment,
ensuring compliance with design specifications and quality of
service targets, by utilizing appropriate test equipment and craft
analysis management platforms.?
- ? ? ? Develops, reviews, and maintains department budget to
ensure cost effective operations and secure funding for anticipated
growth needs resulting from capacity studies.?
- ? ? ? Monitors and oversees operations to provide complete,
high quality services with exceptional reliability and
- ? ? ? Creates BOM?s, SOW?s, MOP?s or approve EWP?s if from
another engineering team
- ? ? ? Obtain bids and creates P.O.?s in Oracle and track and
receives invoices to payment
- ?7 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g.,
critical facility/data center or engineering) OR 5 or more years of
experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (i.e.,
MS/MBA or other)
- Strong knowledge of RF and Ethernet properties and testing,
signal flow layout of telecomm facilities, and fiber optic
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, leadership,
presentation, collaborative, and communication (oral and written)
skills to work effectively with teams throughout the
- Prior experience creating scopes of work (SOW), reviewing MOPs,
and managing contractorsPreferred
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e.,
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Knowledge of HVAC, power systems, facilities monitoring
systems, basic operation and principles of generators and power
- Understanding of and ensuring the compliance to all applicable
Telecordia standards?Physical Requirements?
???? ability to lift 80 pounds regularly???? ability to safely
climb ladders whilecarrying 40 pounds???? ability to work from a
bucket truck orother aerial lifts???? ability to respond quickly to
sounds /alarms???? ability to see and respond to
dangeroussituations???? ability to work safely around live
AC/DCPower Plant???? ability to wear personal protective
gearcorrectly???? ability to work in extreme weather
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications?is committed to creating
meaningful moments of human connection through broadband
applications and services. The largest private telecom company in
America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across
18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better
future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers,
communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox
Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a
family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor?James M. Cox.Cox
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement
to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts
resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their
services.? Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking
system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox
facility.? Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges
associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Virginia Beach , Manager, Network Facilities, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!