Assistant Project Manager
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: August 14, 2019
For over two decades, Hourigan has established itself as the
"go-to" firm when it comes to managing complex projects and
delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled
with many success stories, but we're most proud of the strong
relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our
relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are
looking for people who embody our values of fairness, integrity,
and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work
and value building and maintaining relationships every step along
the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day,
providing our employees with opportunities to develop both
personally and professionally.
We have an opening for a collaborative and driven individual to
join our team as an Assistant Project Manager. This position works
hand in hand with the Project Manager to manage a project
throughout its lifecycle. The APM typically manages multiple
projects at one time, usually in different phases of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for partial project ownership including, but not
- Preparation of project contract documents.
- The project construction schedule working in conjunction with
the Project Manager and Superintendent and the required
Subcontractor for input.
- The final project budget.
- Preparation and issuance of Subcontract-specific terms and
conditions for estimating to incorporate into the master
- Management of a master submittal schedule and submittal
- Work with the Project Manager on resolution of project-specific
- Assist the Project Administrator in processing all
Subcontractor Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for
Proposals (RFP) forms.
- Preparation, distribution and approval of Owner Change Order
- Preparation and distribution of Subcontractor Change Orders and
associated budget revisions.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly Applications for
- Collaborate with Project Administrator and Project Manager in
completion of close-out activities.
- Attend and participate in pre-construction meeting with the
Project Manager and Superintendent to review all requirements.
- Responsible for taking the minutes of Owner and Subcontractor
- May independently manage small construction projects of limited
scope and complexity
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
position or 2-5 years of progressive construction related
- Fosters a strong desire to learn, welcomes a new challenge, and
values the need to collaborate with all team members.
- Organized individual with a keen ability to prioritize multiple
deliverables with changing deadlines.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Project, Textura, CMiC, and Bluebeam
- Exhibits Hourigan's commitment to excellence through meeting
and exceeding both internal and external customer expectations and
displaying only the utmost integrity.
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life
insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer
match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above
is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to
change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applications will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, marital or family status, amnesty
or protected military or veterans' status in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: Hourigan, Virginia Beach , Assistant Project Manager, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!