IT Project Manager
Company: BC Forward
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Job Title: IT Project ManagerDuration: 12 months contractLocation: Virginia Beach, VA 23462 Summary: The main function of a Digital Project Manager is to define requirements, plan, track, and manage projects in a demanding complex digital environment. Job Responsibilities:
- Identify and estimate project resources, schedule delivery, and task details.
- Budget for and manage project costs.
- Manage business partner and supplier involvement throughout project.
- Manage change, project deliverables, and project direction while adhering to Caterpillar's standard project management methodology.
- The Digital Project Manager 1 is accountable for ensuring successful completion of projects, on-time, within budget, and error-free.
- The principal responsibility of the Digital Project Manager 1 is to move from being an individual contributor to managing the planning and execution of project team members. T
- he incumbent will be responsible for managing the project charter, communications, metrics, reporting, and the overall project plan and budget. The Digital Project Manager 1 will: - Use knowledge of marketing and digital processes and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the execution of projects. - Manage 2-3 projects concurrently. - Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations. - Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status. TYPICAL DAY
- Significant challenges of this position are working with people, enhancing the team's creativity, facilitating the team's cooperation, clearly communicating the requirements and tasks while gaining input from the team on refinement of same, translating both verbal and non-verbal information from the customer to management and team members.
- The Digital Project Manager 1 acts as a spokesperson for the team in meetings, with multiple levels of management, and with the customer.
- As Project Manager, he or she must develop strong internal networks to enable them to obtain resources and cooperation needed and remove roadblocks so they can ensure the success of their project team.
- The typical day will be planning and coordinating project level tasks (prioritization), sprint planning, communication with stakeholders, reporting status, risk management, and decision making to ensure timely delivery of digital projects. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Training in project management or project management related skills, such as Project Management Institute's PMP certification. 3-5 years' project management experience required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent training required. TECHNICAL SKILLSExperience planning and leading in an Agile methodology; must understand the software development lifecycle as this will require interaction with software development teams; solid presentation skills, planning and coordinating work; Six Sigma Lean experience is a plus SKILLS: Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time as well as being a collaborative team member.Proven experience with project management concepts, scheduling and planning projects within an Agile methodology or experience or training using tools to manage projects, such as Microsoft Project or Excel.Proven ability to work with Enterprise-wide program managers and project leads.Strong project leadership and decision-making Business planning/processes, accounting, and change management acumen. SOFT SKILLSThe Digital Project Manager 1 demonstrates thorough knowledge of marketing and digital approaches/techniques and the ability to handle typical project issues. The position should be able to explain conclusions to customers who have limited knowledge or experience. The incumbent should exhibit strengths in areas of personal planning, organization initiative, delegation, leadership and interpersonal skills; clear communicator and ability to effectively present to senior leaders within the company. - provided by Dice SDLC, planning and leading in an Agile methodology, Six Sigma Lean
Keywords: BC Forward, Virginia Beach , IT Project Manager, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!