Guest Service Manager
Company: Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 27, 2023
TITLE: GUEST SERVICE MANAGER
Starting Salary: 45K plus with experience
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager/AGM/GM
SUBORDINATES: Guest Service Agent, Reservationist, Night Auditor,
Directs and coordinates and causes effective implementation of all
activities for front office operations, guest service and
bell/valet/parking services, and telephone (PBX) operations by
performing the following duties personally or through
subordinate supervisors and adhering to monthly budget and staffing
guidelines. Ensures compliance with all policies,
procedures and regulations. This manager monitors both the
productivity and qualitative work product maximizing the guest.
experience. Personally, responds to resolves guest/owner concerns
and complaints when required and ensures consistency.
through the effective implementation of Associate training and
empowerment programs. Maintains franchise compliance.
and compliance records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in interviewing and hiring staff to ensure that all areas
of responsibility are properly covered and within budget.
- Conduct orientation training of new associates for the front
- Assign associates duties and inspect work for conformance to
prescribed company/franchise standards of cleanliness.
- Prepare schedules for the department
- Investigate complaints and takes corrective action.
- Prepare any reports concerning payroll expenses, and department
- Record data concerning work assignments and special projects and
prepare periodic reports.
- Greet and interact with the guest in a friendly and professional
manner creating the "WOW" experience.
- Possess full knowledge of all matters relating to proper
techniques as established by hotel/franchise requirements.
- Interact with fellow associates in a courteous and professional
- Conduct or ensure that daily pre-shift meetings are being
- Complete associate safety training in compliance with
PHR/franchise procedures and OSHA regulations
- Review internal management reports to include: occupancy
forecasts, payroll edits, labor/payroll reports, productivity
results from the prior day, operating checkbook accounts and
- Check periodically each day on any and all special project
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Generate all department PO's (purchase orders) and
PAF's/ADAP's/ROD's and forward to senior management for
- Ensure that all guest requests you receive are satisfied in a
timely and efficient manner. Provides service in a highly
professional manner at all times.
- Maintains SALT scores at targeted levels through the
implementation of Associate training and coaching session based on
physical observation of work performance and complaint
- Performs check-in/check-outs, valet, pbx, and bell services as
- Be familiar with current marketing initiatives as well as
insuring that all staff is equally as familiar
- Assists in performing timely associate evaluations
- Ensure proper staffing for all shifts in accordance with staffing
guideline and adjust, as needed depending on demand activity
- Assumes MOD role five nights per week; assumes all required MOD
responsibilities including but not limited to, a complete property
inspection, resolve guest service challenges, is CPR certified,
trained in ALL emergency situations, and assume responsibility of
the hotel property in absence of the General Manager
- Prerequisite Skills, Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Perform Emergency Response duties as required by this role in the
Emergency Response Organizational Chart and Plan
- Lead by example: Team Up, Own It and Passionately Serve!
- Create and foster a TOP Culture within your department.
- Give Shout Outs to your Team Members that Team Up, Own It or
- Teach, mentor, and direct your team to exemplify the TOP
- Recruit and hire team members who embody our TOP Culture.
- Assure that you develop your team by sending them to TOP
- Prepare your associates to take on more responsibility and
recommend TOP associates for promotion.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all
- Being comfortable with the high level of visibility and the TOP
leadership role within the company.
Education & Experience:
- General Education High School Diploma Required
- General Education Bachelor of Science Required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in supervisory/management position
- Minimum of 3 years experience in front office setting at a major
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the
employee will be required to:
- Long and varied hours standing are often required (8 hours).
- Ability to use hands to fingers, handle, feel, talk and hear
- Bending, reaching, stooping or crouching on occasion
- Light work - Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push,
pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to see, hear, speak, read, write and understand
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral
and written in English.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of
action quickly and accurately
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes while
resolving them even if the situation did not begin with them.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Must be
respectful and maintain a calm demeanor.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying
concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic function.
- Must be able to work with a myriad of personalities and levels
within the hotel and outside sources
- Must be able to negotiate with clients while understanding the
budgeted goals of the hotel(s) that need to be attained
Keywords: Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, Virginia Beach , Guest Service Manager, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!