Director of Sales
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining a solid base of
customers and for attaining a high occupancy and level of
- Actively seek high revenue accounts and work to maintain a high
level of business.
- Productivity will be evaluated against room night and revenue
goals set by the General Manager, and based upon a written,
approved action plan.
- Provides all operations areas up-to-date information about
promotions and specific accounts.
- Acquire and maintain a solid base of accounts towards attaining
the property's budgeted profit levels.
- The development of a comprehensive property marketing plan and
annual sales forecast.
- Solicit sales for the property through planned, personal calls
and telephone solicitations to local trade and professional
associations/corporations, travel agents, as well as other local
and state organizations that could result in potential business for
- Provide operations staff up-to-the-minute information regarding
promotions and specific accounts.
- Prepare written sales call report on all outside calls made
each week, and furnish copies to the General Manager.
- Prepare a report of all tentative or definite business booked
during each week and furnish copies to the General Manager. Provide
a list of all cancelled business, giving reason for loss.
- Maintain an updated sales filing system which includes an
efficient file and central trace system, an up-to-date account
history and a means for sending correspondence to customers /
prospects without delay.
- Follow-up on all meeting and banquet functions with the
customer contact person and solicit future business.
- Participate in department head meetings and report on sales
activity for the previous and upcoming weeks.
- Maintain and regularly update files of competitor's activities,
prices, menus, brochures, sales kits, etc.
- Prepare monthly expense report for all expenses involving sales
duties. Submit to the General Manager for approval and
- Responsible for third party requests, GoLeads, CVB bids and
- Oversee the Sales office and address issues, challenges and
- Assists in training employees on proper upselling
- Ensure sales staff maintains a professional
- Follow up on employee issues.
- Work with other departments to ensure successful
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,
employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel.
Required Skills and Experience
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Must have strong sales and leadership skills
- 10+ years of sales experience required
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong
customer/client focus essential
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion
in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but
not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy
periods as required by the business
Keywords: NHS, Virginia Beach , Director of Sales, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!