Individual Giving Director
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to find a cure for cystic fibrosis.We
are the global leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis
and nearly every CF drug and therapy available today was made
possible because of CF Foundation support. We did this not only for
the more than 30,000 people living in the U.S. with CF - and the
estimated 70,000 people worldwide - but for the families who have
worked tirelessly to find a cure for their loved ones living with
CF.These achievements have required dedication and unwavering
commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation employees. We have
created an environment that attracts -- and retains -- a diverse
group of talented people who are passionate about changing the face
of this disease. Join us and you will partner with colleagues of
varying backgrounds and expertise, all united in our mission.Job
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its
employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core
values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will
continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.POSITION SUMMARY:The Director of
Individual Giving is responsible for advancing relationships with
top prospects in their assigned areas and chapters of the CF
Foundation. This includes identifying, cultivating, and soliciting
major gifts, planned gifts, and assisting in the strategy for
annual fund giving. Stewarding relationships in a sophisticated and
nuanced manner is paramount. A successful candidate will display an
ability to lead and collaborate with chapter Executive Directors,
Area Directors, and Sr. Directors of Field Management in developing
strategies. They will also be comfortable securing six and
seven-figure gift commitments to support the CF Foundation. The
Director of Individual Giving will also frequently represent the CF
Foundation and the national office at chapter annual meetings and
chapter board meetings and speak about the state of the Foundation,
CF research, care, and major programming.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assist the CF Foundation in raising more than $50 million per
year from the Individual Giving Program, which includes Major
Gifts, Planned Giving and Annual Fund.
- Support the multi-year Milestones III campaign, which is
projected to raise approximately $200 million from major and
planned gifts alone.
- Identify new donor prospects capable of making a major gift or
multi-year pledges of $50,000+.
- Develop and implement a cultivation strategy, often in
partnership with chapter staff for each major gift prospect, with
step-by-step moves to close the gift.
- Discuss philanthropic goals with prospects and ask them to
consider including the Foundation in their legacy or estate
- Develop strategies to expand membership in the Paul Di
Sant'Agnese Legacy Society.
- Actively manage a cohort of 75 to 100 major gift
- Guide chapter staff in their approach to cultivating prospects
and donors, encouraging them to secure larger gift commitments to
support the organization.
- Appropriately recognize each donor and steward each gift.
- Track and record all major gift movements in ClearView, the
organization's constituent management database.
- Collaborate with other teams in the Fundraising Department,
including special events, corporate and foundation relations,
annual fund/direct response, and field systems to meet the
nationwide annual fundraising goal.
- Represent the CF Foundation at chapter and area volunteer
meetings to speak about the state of the Foundation, CF research,
care, and major programming.
- Direct, design, create, and execute specific department
initiatives such as national webinars, VLC workshops, sales
trainings, etc. as needed.
- Represent the Individual Giving team by undertaking leadership
roles with national-level committees, task forces, and
workgroups.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College Degree or relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated success in major gifts or individual giving
fundraising to include:
- Proven experience in major individual gift fundraising and in
cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of gifts at the $100K+
- Minimum 8 years of work experience, with at least 6-8 years of
experience in a full-time, high-level individual giving or major
gifts position, ideally at an established nonprofit institution of
similar budget and complexity.
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing staff and/or
- Requires a thorough and sophisticated understanding of
fundraising principles and techniques.
- Successful experience in working with high-level volunteers and
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, particularly in dealing
with sensitive issues with families, volunteers, and donors, and an
ability to understand and provide nuance.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to the Senior Director, National Leadership Giving. No
direct reports.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, and temperature. May be a remote position.
- Minimum 25% travel within assigned chapter areas and to the
National Office. Includes car, air, train, and overnightThe above
is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or
requirements.#LI-RemoteTotal Rewards: The Cystic Fibrosis
Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base
pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development
opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward,
and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our
comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision
coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic
well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts;
employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings
benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees
and their family members.The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just
a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We
strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed,
ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status,
genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled
veteran or any characteristic protected by law.Reasonable
Accommodation: The CF Foundation is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a
disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Virginia Beach , Individual Giving Director, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!