Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the Assistant Store
Manager is to Assist the Store Manager in upholding the daily store
operations of a retail store ensuring maximum sales and
profitability through merchandising execution, managing expenses
and inventory, training and development of the store team, human
resources management, and outstanding customer service. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall quality and performance of the retail
- Ensures compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- Models effective leadership to gain commitment to store goals
and training standards.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and training and
development of store personnel.
- Assist, and provide feedback to Store Manager on annual
performance evaluations for all store employees.
- Assist with expense management and develops strategies that
position stores to perform in accordance with the budget.
- Assist Store Manager with Monitoring and identifying issues
relevant to the loss or inconsistencies in the Store to ensure
store achieves successful goals of shrink that are at or below
- Monitors and controls all aspects of operational compliance,
safety and business standards.
- Supports the training of all employees in suggested selling and
- Ensures company customer service standards are upheld so that
each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly
- Assists in the completion of accurate and regular merchandise
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- A standard work week not to exceed 40 hours.
- Flexible schedule required which includes but not limited to
the following: days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the employee must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year in retail management. SKILLS
AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent
command of the English language to effectively communicate with
management, associates and customers.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually
requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate an ability to think strategically, plan and
- Must be able to maintain an exemplary degree of professionalism
in all situations.
- Requires a proficient analytical ability to gather and
summarize data for reports, find solutions to various
administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Results driven with demonstrated critical and creative thinking
skills. Project management, time management, analytical and
superior organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality,
and independent judgment with the ability to use compassion and
- Proven ability to plan, organize, multi-task, set priorities
effectively and efficiently to proactively respond to changing
demands, from multiple sources.
- The ability to execute directives with precision and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products is
- Willing to work in multiple stores in the assigned district.
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time;
lift, carry, push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours during critical project phases; and
able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment with
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel via car, plane or train. GENERAL
INFORMATION: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by individuals
assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills
required of personnel so classified.DTLR, Inc. provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discriminationand harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protectedveteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or locallaws.
Keywords: DTLR, Virginia Beach , Assistant Manager-Retail, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!