Practice Manager- Cosmetics Dermatology- VA Beach
Company: Anne Arundel Dermatology
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Founded over 40 years ago with a mission to provide the highest
quality and full spectrum of medical, surgical, and esthetic skin
care services to each and every one of its patients, Anne Arundel
Dermatology has assembled the finest group of dermatologists in the
Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states. With 250+ clinicians and 110+
locations in 7 states, we're thriving, growing, and looking to add
talented individuals to our team!
*Why join Anne Arundel Dermatology?*
We are committed to continual training and education for our
physicians and staff. We are on top of the latest developments in
dermatology including ongoing research, emerging treatments, new
medications and prevention methods. You can find more than just a
job with Anne Arundel Dermatology. We believe in providing our new
associates with intensive hands on training and long-term career
growth opportunities from within.
Are you self-motivated, a go-getter, and have a passion for Skin
Health and Beauty? Do you enjoy interacting with patients and
collaboratively leading a team to ensure the highest quality of
Patient care is provided? The *Practice Manager* position is a fast
paced, multifaceted position which oversees the Front Office and
Clinical support functions of the practice up to and including,
Medical Assistants, Front Desk staff, LPNs, Mid Level Providers,
The Practice Manager must be cheerful, friendly, polite, tactful,
and professional in appearance and manner at all times. They should
have a basic understanding of Cosmetic Dermatology, in-office
financial policies, participating insurance companies (requirements
of those insurance companies), and a general awareness of
scheduling rules and parameters for Cosmetic Dermatology staff. He
or she will also work closely with the Providers to understand
their products and ingredients preferences in order to effectively
communicate the importance of topical aesthetic products to their
overall skin health. Continual intensive training in product lines
and ingredients is vital to maintain a relevant knowledge base in
the constantly changing field of aesthetics.
The individual must be a team player, embody leadership qualities,
and be respectful of their co-workers.
* Oversee, assign responsibilities and coordinate schedules of all
* Interview, hire, develop and train a strong team to ensure proper
support for the service providers.
* Responsible for coordinating with the HR Departments, the
termination, corrective action for performance issues & reviews,
and preparing and maintaining thorough documentation.
* Maintain positive relationships with current referring physician
offices as well as seeking new referral sources.
* Responsible for operations within the clinic, up keep and
maintenance of the facility.
* Responsible for meeting/exceeding budget goals.
* Review and approve all patient billing and in-office collections,
review daily summaries for accuracy and send to billing department
in a timely manner.
* Oversee Pathology Log, Cancer Register, PQRS and meaningful use
programs for all providers to insure all are up to date and meeting
criteria for qualification where needed.
* Monitor and review providers' schedules to strategize maximum
capacity and identify areas we may need to adjust to accommodate
* Promote a positive, fair and open environment within the
department and the Practice.
* Address process improvements or re-training as identified.
* Control costs of supplies, inventory, equipment, service,
repairs, and salary, benefits and wages.
* Monitor productivity, efficiency, quality and timeliness of
* Oversee and initiate local "Grass Roots" marketing efforts to
continue to keep AAD name and branding in the forefront of all
* Perform patient service functions as necessary including problem
resolution and act as a resource for internal and external
* Address patient concerns. Follow-up on patient problems,
complaints and inquiries, with research to assure satisfactory
* Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA & OSHA Standard
* Participate as needed in community outreach and other practice
* Extensive experience in cosmetic dermatology and/or plastic
* Associates degree in Medical Assisting, Nursing or other closely
related field is *required*. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant, LPN,
Surgical Technician or other closely related clinical position is
* Proficiently trained and skilled in EMA and NexGen
* Knowledge of medical records and coding standards.
* Understanding of regulations and standards pertaining to quality
assurance and patient confidentiality.
* At least 2 years of management experience is *required.* Strong
leadership skills are a must.
* Must have the ability to set and manage multiple priorities.
* Knowledge of practice management systems preferred. Ability to
comprehend data for use in making daily operational decisions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* No nights
* No weekends
* How many years of Cosmetic Dermatology experience do you
* Management: 3 years (Required)
* Clincial Medical Assistant: 2 years (Required)
* Leadership: 2 years (Required)
* Dermatology: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Anne Arundel Dermatology, Virginia Beach , Practice Manager- Cosmetics Dermatology- VA Beach, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!