CLIA Toxicology Laboratory Director
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Position: -CLIA Toxicology Laboratory Director Location: -
Virginia Beach, VA
Job Id: -7626 # of Openings: -1 Position: CLIA Toxicology
Laboratory Director Supervisor: Vice President of Laboratory
Services FLSA: Contract Position Summary: This role is for a
Contract - CLIA Toxicology Laboratory Director with two or more
years of experience in a high complexity laboratory. The Laboratory
Director is responsible for oversight of all aspects of the
toxicology laboratory and ensures complete CLIA compliance
requirements are maintained.
- Reviews and approves established ranges, specimen requirements
for tests, and acceptance criteria.
- Approves all written procedures.
- Oversees, as necessary, all aspects of the laboratory as
necessary, or requested by lab manager and supervisors.
- Oversees all specific quality control functions in accordance
with written procedures for the laboratory.
- Oversees that qualifications and validation of all lab
personnel meet requirements for good laboratory practice and
- Assigns personnel duties as necessary in areas of
- Oversees and reviews proficiency testing results.
- Works with the lab staff to assure a balance of testing volume
versus staffing levels and qualifications.
- Review QC, procedural updates, and corrective actions.
- Review all proficiency testing program and results, making sure
appropriate corrective action is taken as necessary.
- Review all written policies and lab procedures.
- Oversee COLA or CLIA, and OSHA compliance.
- Keep current on new technology developments through meetings
and discussions with technical supervisors, consultants, and
physician clients as needed.
- Review any critical incident reports, taking appropriate
- Oversee maintenance of all records as required by CLIA for two
years or longer (as needed)
- Remain accessible to the laboratory to provide onsite,
telephone, or electronic consultation as needed.
- Ensure that the physical plant and environmental conditions are
appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe
environment, free of physical, chemical, and biological
- Ensure that the laboratory remains compliant with all
applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Requirements:
Licensed MD/DO/DPM and certified in anatomic or clinical pathology,
or hematology or at least 2 years' experience directing or
supervising high complexity testing. -or- Doctoral degree in a
laboratory science and currently certified by an HHS-approved board
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: BrightView, Virginia Beach , CLIA Toxicology Laboratory Director, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!