Front Office Manager
Company: Commonwealth Lodging Management LLC
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionDEPARTMENT: Front OfficeSUPERVISOR: Assistant
General Manager/General ManagerPOSITION OVERVIEW: The position
involves high guest contact and presents the first point of contact
for all of our guests. The Front Office Manager is responsible for.
Working to resolve guest challenges, ensuring guest satisfaction.
Manages front office operations to ensure profitability, cost
control, and guest satisfaction. Oversees room reservations, front
office systems, supplies inventory, forecasting, and department
budget to maximize revenue. Training, scheduling, and evaluations
of all Front Office staff. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of
front office personnel. Upholds the hotel's commitment to
hospitality.This industry functions seven (7) days a week,
twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with
company standards is essential for success in this
position.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work
Equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office
preferred. Experience with hotel systems is preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in customer service
management position, hotel management experience preferred.
- Able to solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Yield management experience.
- Effective business writing skills.QUALIFICATIONS:Good
understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 25
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and
co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment - front office, and all areas of the hotel.
Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and
noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
8-hours in length.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule
that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of the local area.
- Ability to suggestively sell.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be in proper uniform, with a nametag.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve
guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with guests as well as team
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of
operation, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house
count and expected arrivals/departures and scheduled daily group
- Be familiar with all local attractions/activities to respond to
guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical
situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical
situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the
pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are
followed up within minutes.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or
injuries and in emergency situations.
- Ensure security of guest room access.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with
Accounting policies and standards:
- Assist Accounting in researching all disputed charges and
contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding Front
- Anticipate sold-out situations and know how many rooms are
overbooked. Handle overbooked or "walked" guests.
- Ensure that all VIPs are pre-registered according to standards.
Monitor VIP arrivals; greet and escort them to their room.
- Print special requests report and block according to
- Balance room types daily.
- Print credit check report and review status of each account.
Follow up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
- Review resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate
master accounts and check-in/ pre-registration procedures.
- Coordinate delivery time of amenities with Room Service,
ensuring timely delivery.
- department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training
with existing staff.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle
disciplinary problems and counsel employees.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing
productivity and employee morale.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with
- Assist in strategizing control of room inventory to maximize
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guest
and associates, and preserve the building ,and its systems during
the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to
return the building to its normal operating status.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department,
Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures.
As well as the brand standards, policies and procedures.
- This job description is not intended to provide a complete and
comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and
responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of
the expectations for the position.
Keywords: Commonwealth Lodging Management LLC, Virginia Beach , Front Office Manager, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!