Company: MILITARY DELI BAKERY SERVICES INC
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Now Hiring Assistant manager/shift lead
Military Deli & Bakery Services is the #1 provider of deli/bakeries
to U.S. Military Commissaries with 103 locations nationwide.Come
and join our team, where we pride ourselves in providing excellent
service to our Nation's Military Personnel and their families!This
is Not a government job- Civilians welcome!Please be aware that per
Biden's Executive Order, all government personnel and contractors,
as well as any employer with 100 or more employees, must be fully
vaccinated or will be required to test weekly.
2+ years grocery or 2+ years food service experiencePrevious shift
lead/management experience mandatoryOpen hours, full time, must be
able to work some weekends and closing shiftsFood handler's
training preferableMust be willing to work in a fast-paced
JOB SUMMARY: Assist Deli/Bakery Manager in providing leadership in
the departments by directing and managing 5-10 employees, ordering
raw materials and supplies, and implementing merchandising
initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business. Maintain high
levels of customer service, while meeting commissary requirements
and maximizing profits. Oversee and enforce Food Safety and
Sanitation policies and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help to manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and
ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer
requirements and maximize profits.
- Schedule employees and delegate work assignments in accordance
with company policy, utilizing employees and supplies to maximize
the store's profits.
- Prepare, maintain, and track records concerning inventories and
work processes to calculate monthly profit according to Company
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and
suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations
to increase profitability.
- Assist in training employees in order to reduce turnover,
promote efficiency, adhere to safety and food regulations, and
control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and
safety requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain professional communication with commissary
management, which helps to meet the financial objectives of the
- Monitor customer satisfaction to identify areas needing
improvement and assist in developing processes and/or procedures to
address those issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of
activities is available.
- Monitor employee morale and promote a teamwork environment
- Perform duties of staff as required in this hands-on
We offer EXCEPTIONAL Employee benefits including: *Excellent Pay
and individual major medical insurance for Full Time
Associates!"*10 plus Paid Holidays per year and Vacation Time for
both Full * AND * Part Time!We require a pre-employment criminal
background check.EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Federal Contractor
Keywords: MILITARY DELI BAKERY SERVICES INC, Virginia Beach , Assistant Manager, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!