Director, Life Sciences Product Development
Company: LifeNet Health
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Director, Life Sciences Product Development Director,
LifeSciences Product Development Department: Life Sciences Job
Type: Full-Time Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:45 am-5:30pm LifeNet Health
is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission
of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope . LifeNet
Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest
nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue
processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in
tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to
improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs,
tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the
fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to
serve the community with educational and support services that
enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200
employees and has a growing global presence. How you will
contribute to LifeNet Health's success: As the Director ,
LifeSciences Production Development you are r esponsible for
corporate level strategic and resource planning for Life Sciences
team, product development function and activities. You will d
evelop and manage LifeSciences product development projects and
interface with internal business stakeholders. You will d evelop
and commercialize new products and services. You p rovide
scientific assistance for divisional study efforts and c ontribute
in the development of intellectual property in support of the
divisional project portfolio. What you'll do:
- Develops new Life Sciences products and processes, and
investigates feasibility and validates potential products.
- Implements strategies, develops methodologies, and works
collaboratively with cross functional teams for LifeSciences
product developments and launches in accordance with business
goals, budgets, and timelines to achieve corporate objectives
- Provides leadership, management and support to Life Sciences
product development team. Evaluates performance against meeting
defined departmental performance matrixes.
- Determines corporate level strategic and resource planning as
well as project prioritization for LifeSciences new products and
- Leads multifunctional teams to plan and execute process
validation, training, technology transfer and product launch.
- Represents Life Sciences in various departmental and
interdepartmental committees that address scientific and
- A ssesses external technology for in-house application,
potential licensing, or partner opportunities.
- Provides scientific support and direction for technical staff,
including guidance and project review.
- Makes major contribution in the development of intellectual
property in support of the divisional project portfolio.
- Writes, submits, and presents results of research initiatives
both internally and externally. What you'll bring (Minimum
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering, Chemistry,
Biomedical Engineering or Biotechnology required .
- Ten ( 10 ) years related industry experience in area of
LifeSciences or biotechnology required.
- Ten ( 10 ) years leadership or management experience with
responsibility of direct reports' performance . These would be nice
too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to work within a matrixed
organization and strong ability to lead a diverse team through
change and growth.
- Commercialization of work product: Ability to develop new
product or service.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Leads through analysis of situations
with appropriate attention to details and the big picture including
consideration of impact at multiple levels of the system.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility: Making use of all the
resources at your disposal (i.e. talents, strengths, skills, and
energy and time) to increase the acceptance of a message through
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate and present
effectively across various audiences (verbal and writing
- Strategic Thinking: Strategic planning and interfacing
throughout the product lifecycle especially for complex or critical
products. Impact of regulatory changes on internal processes and
- Microsoft Office: Proficient in Microsoft Office and in Project
Management Software (e.g. MS Project) Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring
Health, and Giving Hope. You won't find another company with a
culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events (Chili Cook-Off, 5K, Celebration of
Life Gala, and many more!)
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Personal career and skill development opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Food Truck s (at participating locations)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers We are proud to be an
EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. You
have been redirected to a LifeNet Health job page
Keywords: LifeNet Health, Virginia Beach , Director, Life Sciences Product Development, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!