Production Manager - Machining
Company: STIHL Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 14, 2021
PurposeAs a family-owned company, it's the people who continue
to make STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a
highly motivated, ambitious Production Manager to join our
Machining department at STIHL's corporate headquarters in Virginia
Beach!This individual will:
- Direct and coordinate the manufacturing activities of the
Machining Business Unit in compliance with required output and
- Participate in the overall strategic design and direction of
the Unit manufacturing processes and related specifications.
- Oversee the training of employees, setting of production and
performance goals, organization of work, and maintenance of a
productive and motivational climate.Position highlights include:
- Benefits - Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K,
bonuses, relocation assistance and PENSION!Job Duties &
- Oversees and participates in the development of performance,
efficiency, and product quality standards for a Business Unit.
- Provides guidance to Unit supervisors regarding the
coordination of department standards with overall company
- Directs maintenance and planning functions where applicable to
ensure correct equipment uptime is maintained, by use of
preventative maintenance scheduling.
- Ensures 5S and housekeeping initiatives are maintained.
Monitors output, cycle times, routings, and quality indicators and
oversees and participates in the resolution of problems or
reinforcement of positive findings. Works with other departmental
managers, such as Quality Assurance, Production Control, Materials,
Engineering etc. to resolve difficult or continuing problems.
- Oversees and participates in daily production operations
through personal interaction with production associates, floor
response to immediate problems, and regular council and guidance to
Unit supervisors and lead people. Oversees the maintenance of
appropriate levels of labor, the general conformance with STIHL
employee rules, the issuing of warnings, and the administration of
disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Participates in internal programs, such as communications,
vacation schedules, job evaluation, employee performance reviews,
wage administration, etc., as needed.
- Participates in the development of production plans with
representatives from other departments, such as Production Planning
and Control, Marketing, Materials, etc. to ensure that performance
standards meet customer requirements. Follows up with departments
with respect to ongoing status of plan versus actual performance as
- Serves as a liaison to Manufacturing Engineering regarding
product changes, required production needs, production processes,
future strategic objectives, etc. for Business Unit. Initiates
meetings or other communications with other departments regarding
the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new
procedures or processes, or the development of new plans or designs
for Business Unit.
- Participates in the research, development, and design of
long-range strategic objectives of Unit operations. Works with
departmental managers and other Unit managers in the laying out and
planning of potential future operational changes.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- 7+ years of related experience preferred.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience in a high volume
manufacturing environment to include machining and heat treat
- Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues
and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to
- Must possess the ability to quickly identify problems, develop
alternative solutions, make decisions, build teams, create
accountability, and lead by example.
Keywords: STIHL Inc., Virginia Beach , Production Manager - Machining, Executive , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!