Civil Project Engineer
Company: Dragados USA, Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel - Project
2377 Ferry Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23455, USA
DescriptionDragados USA is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to join
our talented team of engineers who are supporting the $1 billion
expansion project at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. The Civil
Project Engineer will be responsible for providing technical
support to the construction operations on the project. This
position will report directly to the Civil Construction Manager on
the project.. Competitive Pay! Great Benefits!Essential Duties and
- Lead project meetings to collect and disseminate information
pertaining to the project.
- Responsible for technical specifications/drawings review and
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical
information between/within the company and the owner.
- Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an on-time
result including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely
response to action items.
- Create bill of materials, referencing to project drawings and
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost
standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing,
engineering, and design.
- Determines possibility of conflicts/delays in the construction
process by reviewing project drawings. Analyzes the process to
determine likelihood of detection and resulting effect. Suggests
preventative steps for correction.
- Ensure that project charges are correctly represented for
accounting's closing process.
- Evaluates that project charges are correctly represented for
accounting's closing process.
- Manages subcontractors and change orders on project.
- Performs other related duties as required and assignedRequired
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or
university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- At least 5 years of experience within a construction firm
- Communication - excellent oral presentation and written
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and
monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group
environment and foster a team approach.Preferred Qualifications
- Field experience preferred
- Professional Engineer License preferred
- Construction experience in heavy civil projects
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, MS
- Knowledge with Primavera P6 Scheduling Software is a plus
- Goal oriented - able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal - able to work well and persuade people at all
organization levelsQualificationsEducationRequiredBachelors or
better in Civil Engineering or related field.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Dragados USA, Inc., Virginia Beach , Civil Project Engineer, Engineering , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...