Company: Valkyrie Enterprises
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Product Engineer - Commercial Off the Shelf ( COTS)
This position has the possibility of Remote/Hybrid work.
- Valkyrie Enterprises has an immediate need for a Product
Engineer who will be a key support to provide Commercial Off the
Shelf (COTs) system and sustainment engineering support to
modernize and upgrade Ship Self Defense Systems (SSDS) for large
deck amphibious ships and aircraft carriers. This position is
located in Virginia Beach, VA. Job Description:
- Generate agendas, action item tracker(s), and meeting minutes
and participate in the SSDS Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Working
Group (SCWG) for obsolescence assessments applicable to the SSDS
MK2 suite of equipment, technical interchange meetings, and other
meetings facilitated or attended.
- Develop associated documents to procure COTS parts in support
of sustainment engineering solutions, via SAP and/or government
credit card purchase as directed by the Government Subject Matter
- Support Local Configuration Control Boards (LCCBs), as
required, to support change documentation review.
- Develop Ship Change Documents (SCD), Engineering Change
Proposals (ECP), Problem Reports (PR), and/or deviations, as
required, to support SCWG engineering efforts.
- Provide COTS engineering case management support.
- Must have 3 years experience with naval systems and SSDS
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (I.e.,
Project and Excel).
- Must have experience with TDPs (Technical Data Package) and
IETMs (Interactive Electronic Manuals). Desired Requirements
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degree.
- Bachelor's Degree can be substituted 5 or more years of direct
work experience with SSDS.
- Prefer experience with planning, logistics, and/or scheduling
within the Government Contracting Field. Security Requirements:
- Must have an Active DoD Secret security clearance, and the
ability to maintain clearance.
- Must maintain clearance eligibility to access military
facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards. Travel
- Occasional Travel- Less than 10%.
- If position requires travel by domestic flight or access to
secure federal facilities/military bases, candidate must be able to
obtain (by start of position) and maintain appropriate
identification credentials, such as REAL ID. (More information
regarding REAL ID can be found: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id )
- Must be able to work in an office, industrial, or shipboard
- Be able to lift and move materials not to exceed the guidelines
set for one-man lift.
- Must be able to perform site surveys and carry a laptop
Valkyrie Enterprises, and its family of companies, is committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons
regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or
any other status protected by law.
Please note: The annualized pay range referenced is a general
guideline. Valkyrie Enterprises considers factors such as (but not
limited to) the following when determining base pay: scope and
responsibilities of the position, candidate's related work
experience, education/training/certifications, key skills, internal
peer equity/external market competitiveness, as well as other
Additionally, Valkyrie Enterprises provides a variety of benefits
to support your best health, wellness, and future, to include
medical/dental/vision options, company paid life and disability
insurances, 401k with match, education reimbursement, as well as
company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Pay Range: $50,000 - $75,000 per year
Keywords: Valkyrie Enterprises, Virginia Beach , Product Engineer, Engineering , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...