Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 10, 2023
URGENTLY HIRING! This integrator works on ships, trains, and
buildings to design and install automation systems for navigation,
propulsion control, and design. Experience with Ships/Maritime for
this position is a massive plus! Description:
- Participate in requirements development and design reviews to
document system issues and revise design specifications and other
detailed documentation for new systems and modernization
- Provide technical engineering advice and independently evaluate
and analyze the scope of conventional and innovative problem areas
and plan and recommend technically sound processes and
- Perform technical evaluations for acceptable substitutes for
materials, based on engineering evaluation of material properties,
environmental considerations, service conditions and system
- Develop procedures for conducting tests on various
electrical/electronic equipment, components, and systems. Determine
special equipment and instruments needed to acquire operating data
and test requirements based on repair work accomplished.
- Prepare technical documents such as Work Breakdown Structures,
Bill of Materials, labor estimates, project schedules, project
reports which contribute to the effective execution of work.
- Act as a troubleshooter in the identification and resolution of
problems encountered during design, installation, grooming, or
testing phases of shipboard design and production efforts.
- Act as a Project Manager to coordinate the effective execution
of various shipboard projects related to electrical systems.
- Provide field service shipboard support on various electrical
systems (generator controls, motor controllers, automation systems,
communication systems, etc ) Skills: Engineering, Electrical,
Electrical engineering, navigation systems, radar navigation,
integrated bridge systems, plc work, PLC, communication systems,
shipboard supervision Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or 10+
years of practical experience (3-5 years exp with a degree, 7-10
years exp with no degree)
- 3-5 years of experience working with shipboard electrical
- Proficient knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices,
and procedures associated with US Navy and commercial shipboard
- Ability to travel up to 50% (local, national, and
international- Japan, Italy, Europe)
- Project Management experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our
scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and
results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve
more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact.
We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences
that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes
consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable
continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is
an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Virginia Beach , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...