Application Support Engineer
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 19, 2022
At Avtex, a TTEC Digital Company, we're all about the Human
Experience. Elevated. As an Application Support Engineer working
remotely, -you'll be a part of creating and delivering amazing
customer experiences while you also #ExperienceTTEC, an
award-winning employment experience and company culture.The
Application Support Engineer position is a pivotal role inside of
the internal IT team, providing support and resolution on
application-based issues that exceed the expertise of the
preliminary helpdesk team. - They will work closely with their
peers and users to understand the company-specific uses of key
applications and assist with overcoming mid-level to complex
challenges that are troubling the business. The position will also
help build out knowledge base articles for help in solving
reoccurring situations and be involved in some project-based work
to help implement longer-term solutions.During a Typical Day,
- Maintain general knowledge of key business applications to
assist with providing support and possibly enhancements and
customizations as needed (estimated 60% of time).
- Fulfill daily requests for application support received via
various methods of communication (estimated 40% of time).
- Assess customer needs and interpret requests to provide a
remedy or make configuration recommendations using best
- Diagnose and triage software problems, providing explanation of
system capabilities to users as needed.
- Follow-up, resolve and/or escalate outstanding issues in a
- Follow and help enforce effective application lifecycle
management practices to ensure application stability.
- Assist with transitioning knowledge for internal applications
from external resources to internal support team.
- Provide input into technical direction and governance of key
- Maintain productive and satisfactory relationships by
delivering consistent, high-quality service.
- Create and maintain knowledgebase articles for use across all
- Provide general guidance to the helpdesk team as it relates to
troubleshooting key business applications.
- Assist with identifying, authoring, and communicating tech tips
to business users.
- Help maintain documentation for business process automation,
integration, and migration projects.
- Work with team to review current processes and suggest new
processes or updates to existing.
- Communicate effectively with peers, developers or contractors
who may be assisting in other enhancements or customizations.
- Participate in projects as assigned and help maintain the
backlog of active and pending initiatives.What You Bring to the
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or
a related field preferred.
- 4 years of relevant support experience.
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and related
- Familiarity with data migration/integration platforms like SQL
Integration Services, KingswaySoft or Scribe.
- Basic understanding of reporting tools like SQL Reporting
Services or Power BI.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (including Outlook,
Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) required.
- Optimistic, proactive, energetic approach to work habits and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This
includes the ability to effectively translate technical concepts to
- Understanding of business operations and processes.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational
skills. - The ability to multi-task is imperative.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Independent and self-motivated work ethic.
- Skilled facilitator and problem solver.
- Technically curious.
- General understanding of integrations and migrations.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and as an individual
contributor.What You Can ExpectThe anticipated range for
individuals expressing interest in this position is $70,000 -
$75,000 This position is eligible to participate in an annual
incentive program. Actual compensation offers to a candidate may
vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education
and/or skill levels. Benefits available to eligible employees
include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Tax-advantaged health care accounts
- Financial and income protection benefits
- Paid time off (PTO) and wellness time offAbout Avtex, a TTEC
Digital CompanyAt Avtex, a TTEC Digital Company, we've worked hard
to create a culture that promotes teamwork, creativity and an
effective balance between work and the life outside of it. We are
committed to attracting the best and brightest, retaining the best
and brightest and building an enviable culture. In short, we want
our employee experience to inspire people. We are passionate about
building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working
environment. - We encourage all individuals who believe they have
the skills and drive necessary to succeed in this position to
apply. -In March of 2021, Avtex was acquired by TTEC. The
acquisition is aligned to TTEC's continued focus on driving organic
growth through the omnichannel enablement of the most innovative
and disruptive brands in the digital economy. TTEC is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. TTEC embraces
and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that
respects and empowers the cultures and perspectives within our
global teams. We strive to reflect the communities we serve, by not
only delivering amazing service and technology, but also humanity.
We make it a point to make sure all our employees feel valued,
belonging, and comfortable being their authentic selves at work. As
a global company, we know diversity is our strength because it
enables us to view things from different vantage points and every
individual to bring value to the table in their own unique way. But
don't take our word for it, check out some of the diversity and
women in leadership awards on TTECjobs.com.#LI-Remote
Keywords: TTEC, Virginia Beach , Application Support Engineer, Engineering , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!