Senior DevSecOps Engineer - Infrastructure
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in
technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology
products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the
world and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every
corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming
place; after all, we understand the value of travel and share a
love of different cultures, people, and places.
We're looking for the world's best technology innovators who want
to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to
travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread
over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We
have been a company since our founding in 2012, and we encourage
every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the
As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer - Infrastructure at Cloudbeds, you
will help to further secure our customer data, applications, and
infrastructure from quickly global and growing cybersecurity
threats. You will leverage your experience within the security
space to work closely among security, product, and engineering
teams to assess and remediate risk, as well as design and support
new security-related processes within our Software Development Life
Cycle. You will maintain an understanding of and defend against the
latest threats. As a DevSecOps Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will play
an important role in our delivery of an exceptional experience to
our customers all around the world with security at top of
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a company
completely transforming the world of travel technology. You will be
an essential member of the team as we march toward our goal to
power every lodging business in the world.
Location: East Coast US (Remote)
What You Will Do
- Collaborate on efforts to architect and improve the security of
Cloudbeds' infrastructure in AWS, leveraging automation and best
practices in coordination with the infrastructure and architecture
teams at Cloudbeds.
- Build and implement security controls for our platform and
infrastructure, with a focus on automating security and
- Help identify security threat models and make suggestions for
- Maintain a list of security, privacy, and/or compliance related
technical debt and work with our Technology (Infrastructure,
DevOps, Software Engineering, Architecture, Product, etc.) teams to
prioritize and address, and escalate if necessary
- Gain a thorough knowledge of attack vectors that may be used to
exploit software and/or infrastructure
- Assist with customer communications around security concerns or
- Educate team members about Security and Privacy, including
security/privacy practices, principles, and infrastructure security
- Act as a first responder for security incidents, helping the
team prioritize and remediate appropriately
- Serve as a consultant to team members on security
vulnerabilities and their corresponding remediations, ensuring
security vulnerability scan outputs are reviewed and appropriate
actions are taken
- Support and contribute to business security requirements, such
as the creation of security policies, procedures, and processes,
responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) related to security,
You'll Succeed With
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical
- 2+ years experience as a Security Engineer working in AWS.
- 5+ years experience in a security engineering position.
- 7+ years experience in IT.
- Strong experience securing infrastructure in AWS (IAM, VPC,
Route 53, ELB, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, Elasticache, S3, etc.)
- Strong experience implementing security monitoring, logging,
and alerting (AWS GuardDuty, AWS Inspector, AWS Security Hub,
Datadog, Splunk, CloudWatch, etc.).
- Strong experience with securing containerized environments
- Strong experience with implementing security measures as
Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Strong experience with embedding security into Continuous
Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Experience securing critical production environments having
hundreds to thousands of servers.
- Experience building, scaling, and automating infrastructure
vulnerability management programs and tools (Qualys, Nessus,
- Experience working in a PCI-compliant engineering
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an
Nice To Haves
- Security-related certifications (AWS Certified Security -
Specialty, CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, Security+, etc).
- Experience securing Elastic Kubernetes (EKS) platforms
- Experience securing immutable AMIs/containers
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience securing microservices and Service-Oriented
- Experience securing REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience supporting compliance efforts.
- Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Bitbucket,
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an
open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the
opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you
think you have the skills and passion, we'll give you the support
and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be
considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies - Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work - Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work - HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020,
- Start-Ups to Watch - Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers - Forbes (2020)
- Technology Fast 500 - Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America - Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that
celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that
persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process or to perform essential job
functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or
via email at .
Keywords: Cloudbeds, Virginia Beach , Senior DevSecOps Engineer - Infrastructure, Engineering , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!