Manufacturing Engineer - Project Manager
Company: STIHL Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 7, 2022
PurposeAs a family-owned company, it's the people who continue
to make STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a
highly motivated, ambitious Manufacturing Engineer to join our
Project Coordination Team at STIHL's corporate headquarters in
Virginia Beach!This person will be responsible for conducting
manufacturing engineering assignments to develop new methods,
tooling and machine designs, cost estimates, and/or to resolve
engineering problems involved in manufacturing of standard parts or
products for assigned area of responsibility.
Position highlights include:
- Benefits - Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K,
bonuses, relocation assistance and PENSION!Job Duties &
- To coordinate/guide engineering/technical aspects of advanced
manufacturing assignments and to obtaining/organizing technical
data and analyzing to resolving complex problems.
- Coordinates/leads the development, implementation and
production release of new production lines/equipment as
- Responsible for strategic planning and budgeting for short, mid
and longterm capital projects.
- Prepares and carries out approved recommendations to include
tool redesign and alterations, change of material specifications,
dimensions, methods, and routing information etc.
- Through research of advanced technology, develops proposals for
automation, mechanization, methods, special tooling, machine
attachments, etc., for the purpose of cost reduction.
- Prepares cost estimates involved in changing from present to
new methods; estimates savings expected as the result of such
change. Plans equipment layout and workflow, estimates routing
times and manpower requirements, sets up lines, and trains
supervisors and managers in correct production procedures for new
or vastly revised production operations.
- Investigates various types of new machines and equipment with
regard to versatility and diversification of production features
required, prices, and other conditions involved.
- Prepares reports and recommendations for management relative to
purchase or lease of equipment.
- Works closely with other departments, e.g. Production, Tooling,
Purchasing, et al., to affect problem resolution or to respond to
- Maintains records, files, and other documentation pertinent to
special and regular assignments performed.
- Maintains currency with respect to technical and supervisory
skills by attending training classes, special technical and
administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as
- Participates in the development, implementation and production
release of new production lines as needed.
- Coordinates the resolution of product line issues with STIHL
- All work affecting product quality shall be competent on the
basis of appropriate education, training, skills, and
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
- 4 year college degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering
or related discipline.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- German fluency preferred
Keywords: STIHL Inc., Virginia Beach , Manufacturing Engineer - Project Manager, Engineering , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!