General Posting 2023-2024: Principal Middle School
Company: Virginia Beach City Public Schools
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2023
This posting is for the purpose of creating a pool of qualified
applicants for middle school principal positions for the 2023-2024
school year. Please be sure list contact information for recent
references in the references section and to include a current copy
of your resume and education license in the attachments section of
your application.The position is responsible for the leadership,
administration and supervision of a middle school and its
- Develop and maintain an effective educational program
consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy,
policies, regulations, and strategic plan of the School Board;
maintain records and files; meet and confer with students, parents,
faculty, and staff.
- Establish a professional learning culture through a solid
foundation of shared mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Develop a collaborative culture for improving student
- Establish and maintain an effective learning climate in the
- Initiate, design, and implement programs to meet specific needs
of the school.
- Ensure implementation of the Virginia Beach Public Schools
- Direct and monitor the development of the school's
- Ensure the development of 21st century skills with all
- Plan, organize, and direct implementation of all school
- Make recommendations concerning the school's administration and
- Assist with the preparation of the school's budget and monitor
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of reports, records, lists
and all other required information and data.
- Coordinate and work with the central administrative staff on
school needs, problems, and/or effectiveness.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation and observance of
all Board policies and regulations by the school's staff and
students; interpret and enforce school division's policies and
- Schedule classes within established guidelines to meet
- Assist in the development, revision, and evaluation of the
- Supervise the guidance program.
- Monitor all dimensions of the special education program in the
school to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local mandates
- Monitor the Student Support Team process to ensure appropriate
and timely interventions for students and subsequent referrals for
other services if needed.
- Maintain high standards of student conduct and enforce
discipline, as necessary, according to School Board policy and the
due process rights of students.
- Attend special events held to recognize student achievement;
attend school-sponsored activities, functions, and athletic
- Maintain and control the various local funds generated by
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate records on the progress
and attendance of students.
- Supervise all professional, paraprofessional, administrative
and non-professional personnel assigned to the school.
- Develop the leadership skills, particularly instructional
leadership, of the assistant principals assigned to the
- Participate in the selection of all school building
- Evaluate and counsel all staff members regarding their
individual and group performance.
- Supervise the daily use of the school facilities for both
academic and nonacademic purposes.
- Supervise and evaluate all activities and programs that are
outgrowths of the school's curriculum.
- Perform related work as required.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITIESComprehensive knowledge of the practices, methods and
techniques used in the leadership, administration and supervision
of a middle school; thorough knowledge of the school division's
strategic plan goal and objectives for student outcomes; thorough
knowledge of prescribed school board policies and procedures;
thorough knowledge of the Understanding by Design framework for
curriculum and learning plans; thorough knowledge of a balanced
assessment system; skill in oral and written communications;
ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; and
ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with school officials, students, parents, teachers, support staff
and associates.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCERequired: Master's Degree in
education administration. Considerable years of administrative and
educational experience. Licensure as a building level principal
through the Commonwealth (Administration and Supervision, PreK-12
endorsement).A comparable amount of training and experience maybe
substituted for the minimum qualifications.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTSMust have the use of sensory skills in order to
effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the
public using the telephone and personal contact as normally defined
by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and
controls. Frequent sitting, walking, bending grasping, fingering,
repetitive motion, reaching, and driving. Occasional standing and
climbing. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50
pounds rarely. Requires timely and regular adherence to established
work schedules. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
tasks.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTSPossession of a valid driver's license.
Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this
position.HOW TO APPLY
External Applicants: If you are interested in applying for this
position, you must create an account. Please select "Login and
Apply" from the bottom of this posting. After creating an account,
please login, complete the online application, and apply for this
job.Eligible Internal Applicants: Follow these instructions to
complete a transfer application. After creating an account, please
complete the application and apply for this job.
Job Posting Link
Salary Range: From/ToSalary range: $94,601-137,888Salary will be
based on job-related creditable years of full-time, verified work
experience. Entry-level salary will be awarded at the time of hire.
Upon the return of employment verification forms from the
candidate's current and previous employers, the salary will be
adjusted if creditable full-time experience is confirmed.VBCPS
offers a full range of benefits including health insurance, paid
life insurance, paid sick/annual leave, tuition reimbursement,
professional development and membership in the Virginia Retirement
System.Unified Experience Based Step Pay Scale: U24
Additional Job InformationAll applicants, both internal and
external, must attach a current detailed resume to your electronic
Virginia Beach City Public Schools does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation/gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition, disability, marital status, age, genetic
information or veteran status in its programs and activities.
(Reference: School Board Policies 2-33,4-4,4-6)To seek resolution
of grievances resulting from alleged discrimination or to report
violations of these policies, please contact the Chief Human
Resources Officer at (757) 263-1133,2512 George Mason Drive,
Municipal Center, Building 6, Virginia Beach, VA, 23456.Alternative
formats of this application which may include taped, Braille, or
large print materials are available upon request for individuals
with disabilities. Call or write the Department of Human Resources,
Virginia Beach City Public Schools, 2512 George Mason Drive, P.O.
Box 6038, Virginia Beach, VA 23456-0038. Telephone: (757) 263-1133
(voice); (757) 263-1240 (TDD) or email at:
Keywords: Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia Beach , General Posting 2023-2024: Principal Middle School, Education / Teaching , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...