Les Mills RPM Instructor
Company: US Fitness Holdings, LLC
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Summary Objective:The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible
for instructing group fitness classes that exceed member
expectations, promote services to attain and retain members, and
provide a positive group fitness experience under the management of
the Group Fitness Director and with the support of the Group
Fitness team.Essential Functions:
- Deliver the Ultimate Fitness Experience to every member, every
- Create a positive class atmosphere and motivate members to
reach their goals through group fitness
- Teach safe and effective classes in accordance with industry
- Promote club activities and programs to class attendeesJob
- Be available to members before and after class
- Represent the club, staff, and company in a positive manner at
- Maintain class statistics and records as directed
- Track time, schedule, and attendance in MotionVibe and follow
all payroll procedures
- Follow substitution policies and minimize use of subs
- Attend all mandatory department and club meetings and
- Maintain required certifications and complete continuing
education to remain current with industry standards
- Replace equipment and organize studio after class to prepare
for upcoming classes and maintain club cleanliness according to
- Report safety issues or injuries to Group Fitness Director or
- Report any equipment or studio issues to Group Fitness Director
or General Manager
- Attend peer instructor classes at least twice monthly
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work early mornings, late nights, and weekends as
necessaryRequired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and
attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively before large groups
when teaching and demonstrating techniques
- Ability to use a microphone and sound systemRequired
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Nationally recognized group fitness certification from a US
Fitness accepted provider or equivalent degree in a related field
- Specialty certification required (if class requires secondary
- Current CPR/AED certification required
- Experience teaching group fitness classes preferredPhysical
Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working
Conditions:Physical demands listed here are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the
waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable
degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long
distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady
force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul
or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is
important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires
substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important
spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with
or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses,
power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's
reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a
non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service
people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (such as in typical office or
administrative work).Employee Benefits:All US Fitness team members
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Gift
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC
ReimbursementAdditional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time OffRelocation: Candidates outside of the specified
area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they
must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not
offered.US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEREEO is the
LAWEEO is the LAW SupplementEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: US Fitness Holdings, LLC, Virginia Beach , Les Mills RPM Instructor, Education / Teaching , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!