Staff Accountant (Home & Community Based Services) Full-Time
Company: Westminster Canterbury
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is currently hiring a
full-time Staff Accountant for Senior Options.
Senior Options is a nonprofit subsidiary of Westminster-Canterbury
on Chesapeake Bay. We help organizations compete in post-acute care
by delivering turnkey solutions for home care, home health care,
hospice services, and continuum management within and outside of
Schedule: Flexible, Monday - Friday, between 8am and 5:30pm
What will I do?
Our Staff Accountant for Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) is
responsible for $7 million in Revenue (and growing) and $38 million
in Senior Options billing (and growing). This individual is
expected to perform independently and without review, a variety of
advanced and specialized accounting duties involving the review of
all financial subsystems, including general ledger entries,
balancing and reconciling assigned records and accounts.
* Leads month-end financial reporting process, including but not
limited to preparing journal entries, analyzing general ledger
accounts, reviewing actual vs. budget variances, and preparing
* Leads the annual external audit process, including but not
limited to coordinating audits, gathering the required information,
preparing requested schedules, and answering audit questions.
* Complete more complex accounting projects and reports to support
the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis, and AR
* Assists in the preparation of the annual budget process,
coordinate with leaders of assigned departments, and make
recommendations as needed.
* Reconciles and adjusts variance general ledger accounts to ensure
accounts tie to supporting schedules (subsidiary ledgers, bank
statements, etc.). Maintains the integrity of the HCBS' general
ledger to ensure that it is in balance (i.e., total assets = total
liabilities + fund balance).
What do I need for this role?
* Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in accounting or finance
or equivalent experience
* CPA or CPA candidate preferred
* Three years of progressively responsible experience in
accounting, preferably in the field
* Required Skills:
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google
* Demonstrated advanced Excel knowledge and skill to create
spreadsheets and management reports by effectively manipulating
data and presenting it in an understandable and useful format
Keywords: Westminster Canterbury, Virginia Beach , Staff Accountant (Home & Community Based Services) Full-Time, Accounting, Auditing , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!