Company: Choice Insurance Agency
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionChoice Insurance Agency is one of the
fastest-growing companies in our industry as identified by Inc
5000. We believe that by "protecting people's present, we secure
their dreams." We are seeking to hire a talented Account
Representative to join our team. If you are a hard-working
professional, who can prioritize several projects while remaining
focused on accuracy and is looking to grow with our organization,
this may be the opportunity you have been looking for. The
Accounting Specialist will be performing a variety of financial
activities including processing, recording, updating and
reconciling fiscal information; providing instructions,
recommendations and/or accounting support to other personnel and
vendors; and analyzing expenditures against budget. The ideal
candidate must display knowledge and understanding of accounting
and auditing principles, practices and procedures; financial and
statistical record-keeping techniques; ability to prepare
comprehensive accounting reports and utilize computer applications
particularly electronic spreadsheets and databases. Ultimately, you
will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring
transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
Included (after 60 days):
- Employee Health Benefits (medical, dental, & vision)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employer-paid Group Life Insurance.
- Full reimbursement of costs for licenses or required training
to employees on a 1-year pro-rated basis.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid Bereavement
- Access to The Choice Financial Group business and
- 100% commissions paid to you on your personal policies
- Access to the Ted Constant Center Suite for special events and
- Profit Sharing
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and
- Processing payables
- Processing Commissions
- Assist the accounting department by providing routine
accounting and administrative support, by effectively using
computers and various software applications to complete daily
tasks, including database management and data entry
- Daily processing and reconciliation of checks, wires and ACH
payments, credit cards and payments
- Utilize Quick Books and Excel to complete tasks including AR/AP
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying all invoices,
reconciling monthly statements, and posting transactions to the
correct expense accounts.
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies; research problem
invoices/payables and resolve with branch contacts in accordance
with department and/or company guidelines, policies, and
- Problem resolution with vendor inquiries.
- Process payments via banking software and prepares accounts
payable checks twice monthly for signature.
- Import and allocate all credit card transactions into the
accounting system and verify all charges to budgets.
- Perform monthly reconciliations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by achieving
related results as needed.
- Two- Four years of experience in bookkeeping/accounting
- Accredited Accounting Certification or College degree in
- QuickBooks, Peachtree, or similar software experience
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Computer literacy, including high functioning ability with
Microsoft Office and Excel
- High level of organization, time management and ability to
- An honest and discreet attitude when dealing with company
- Professional Demeanor
Keywords: Choice Insurance Agency, Virginia Beach , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!