Company: Express Employment Professionals - Virginia Beach
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 8, 2022
A local Virginia Beach manufacturing company is in search of an
experienced Controller.DIRECT HIRE, PERMANENT POSITION, PAY:
$100,000 to $110,000 yr, depending on experience -The Controller's
job is to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and
administrative operations by controlling.This position is
responsible for the accounting, audit, and tax operations of the
company. This includes the development and management of financial
controls in accordance with the company's policies and procedures,
maintenance of an adequate system of financial/accounting controls
and records, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported
financial results, and ensure that reported results meet deadlines
and comply with generally accepted accounting principles or
international financial reporting standards. -TO APPLY: - Create an
account on our website: -then call for a phone interview at:
757-961-8368 (M-F, 9am-4pm) and email your resume to: - -PAY: -
-$100,000 - $110,000 yr, DOESHIFT: Mon- Fri, 8am to 5pmESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control the accounts payable balance with the cooperation of an
Accounts Payable assistant.
- Update and Manage the Vendor Management System
- Control the accounts receivable balance with the cooperation of
an Accounts Receivable assistant.
- Assess New Customer Credit requirements and monitor critical
- Reach out to Customers for prompt Invoice payment so that
outstanding balances over 60 days is nil or minimized.
- Update and Manage the Customer Management System
- Manage Inventory System including reconciliation with
Manufacturing Process and General Ledger. Coordinate annual
physical inventory count process.
- Monitor Standard Costs semi-annually to measure against trigger
points as per policy to update the Standard Costs.
- Reconcile Fixed Assets with General Ledger and coordinate the
annual physical verification process.
- Reconcile the bank account balance in the General Ledger with
the daily Bank reports.
- Manage the Inter-Company Loan Balances within credit
- Prepare and enter the General Ledger manual Journal Entries as
- Process and reconcile the all accounts of the Trial Balance;
including with sub ledgers.
- Close the financial statement in Made2Manage on a monthly
- Find ways to improve financial close efficiency and reduce fast
- Prepare the company -Japan Quarterly Consolidation and Monthly
reporting Packages and reconciling them with the General Ledger
- Confirm the balance confirmation with company Insulators Japan
(Headquarters), -Company -North America and other Affiliates.
- Ensures compliance with JSOX (Japan's Financial Instruments and
Exchange Act) by maintaining all procedures and manuals of Finance
and Closing and provides supporting documentation to the parent
company, as required.
- Develop and maintain Internal Control at both of entity level
and process level to mitigate risks of misstatement due to error or
- Manage the Company's Business Registration, Corporate Tax,
Sales & Use Taxes and other taxes.
- Control Financial Document which is required.
- Responsible for timely completion of Financial and other
- Issue Invoice, Debit Memo and Credit Memo as necessary
- Advise the accounting data entry into Made2Manage for other
departments Cooperate with colleagues in the finance team and
interact effectively with other employees.
- Other related business administrative operations.
- Other projects and task assigned by the Secretary and
Treasurer. -REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or related field is required; CPA required; MBA
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required in a mid to
senior finance and accounting role.
- Strongly require Microsoft Excel, Access expertise.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under
pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Manufacturing Experience desirable.
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail -
Keywords: Express Employment Professionals - Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach , Controller, O207, Accounting, Auditing , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!