Accounting Clerk I
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: February 16, 2020
EnableUtah is a nonprofit organization that has been providing
jobs, skilled training, and employment solutions to people with
disabilities since 1968. EnableUtah promotes independence,
inclusion, and acceptance in the community for people with
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and deposits cash and checks from the various sites
daily, including regular trips to the bank to deposit cash or cash
- Tracks and updates the daily cash flow report. Reconciles cash
received from sites with billing system.
- Codes and records cash and check deposits into Accounting
- Codes and records credit card receipts into Accounting
- Reviews, codes and enters employee expense reimbursements in
- Manages petty cash system, ensuring the account is reconciled
monthly and replenished in a timely manner to assure availability
of cash as needed.
- Maintains a filing system for all bank and investment
- Maintains a filing system for all cash, checks and credit card
deposits and transactions.
- Assembles financial data for audits. Assists the accounting
team with other month end reporting documentations as needed, such
as bank statements, deposit records, grant payment check copies,
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent with two
(2) years of related experience.
- Ability to effectively use Windows, Word, Excel, Accounting
Software, preferably GP Dynamics.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to all
levels of staff and management, as well as vendors and customers,
and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, business
correspondence, and memorandums.
- Ability to keep coworkers and supervisors informed of pertinent
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts
success of the team above own interests; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed; Must be able to work well in multidisciplinary
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains a positive attitude. Focuses
on solving conflict in cooperative manner and not with blame. Keeps
emotions under control and does not transmit emotions to others
when under stress.
- Organization - Demonstrated organizational skills and ability
to prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Confidentiality - Ability to maintain confidentiality of
payroll and other sensitive company information.
- Ethics - Committed to the highest ethical standards. Takes
pride in the work we do, and conducts himself / herself honestly
and with integrity. Fairness and accuracy are among our core
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position.
- Dependability - Follows instruction and responds to management
direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time,
which is pre-determined between the employee and the person(s) he /
she reports to.
- Flexibility - Willingness to be flexible with work schedule to
participate in weekend and/or evening schedules as determined
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials
- Physical Demands - Regularly required to sit; frequently
required to reach with hands and arms; required to walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to
twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Work Environment - Office setting with moderate noise
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: EnableUtahEnableUtah, Virginia Beach , Accounting Clerk I, Accounting, Auditing , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!